Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Super Moon Saturday (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/super-moon-saturday-t108814.html)

Lisanne 03-19-2011 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Momsmurf
Those who have raised chickens probably can tell you that the egg shells of hatchlings are really rather cleanly "cut" where as on dark nights the shells are really jagged.

Now that's an interesting thing that I never knew. I wonder what other things are affected by a full moon?

I've read that tonight's full moon will be bigger than ever, but it'd have to be down by the horizon for that. I recently saw it like that, by the horizon and so huge I thought it was coming at us. It was gorgeous, all shiny white with a haze around it. Someone else saw it a bit later and said it was the orange of a harvest moon then.

CarrieAnne 03-19-2011 01:49 PM

I am trying to remember to look tonight!

jemma 03-19-2011 02:09 PM

well i survived -- it was every bit as 'interesting' as i was expecting it to be-----i had to put a fish back in its tank [ you got it no fish + no tank ]and that wasnt the weirdesh convesation i had--hubby got some great pics will post when i wake up!!

wolfkitty 03-19-2011 02:14 PM

It's been cloudy here all day, and I don't expect it to change. Boo hoo! I love looking at the moon!

jemma 03-19-2011 08:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ive had some sleep--here tis

olebat 03-20-2011 03:14 AM

Right! We were told that full moon babies thing was just a myth. For grins and giggles, our head nurse got a copy of the Farmers Almanac and clipped the lunar cycle each day and bookmarked the delivery room register. After about six months, she started inking in the phases of the moon. No doubt about it. Our most busy times were days and nights of the full moon.

Sewze 03-20-2011 04:11 AM

I would like to add that we had more foals born with the full moon than at any other time of the month. We always looked at the F.A. as to when this was occurring so we could plan on staying in the barn that night.

LilQuilt 03-20-2011 04:12 AM

My DH and I went to the beach last night. We watched the moon come up over the ocean horizon. At first it was a bit hazy on the horizon, thought I saw a weird cloud but after using my binoculars I realized it was the moon hidden in the haze. The moon was absolutely beautiful in an orange color before turning to the whiter color after a while. Well worth the car trip.

olebat 03-20-2011 04:22 AM

The folks in the vintage section were talking about a moonlight boat ride. I had thought about taking a moon light paddle in my area. Glad I didn't. Ended up with quite a storm. We now have a residue of pine pollen coating everything. At least it's not blowing around. It'll restart as soon as the sun comes out. Aha Georgia Pines. The Spring Equinox and Pine pollen. Spring is Here!

jhoward 03-20-2011 06:43 AM

It was cloudy here. I really wanted to see the moon. On the positive side, it rained, which is helping to melt the snow!
Come on SPRING!!!