Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Surgery went well, just checking in.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/surgery-went-well-just-checking-t88146.html)

quilt3311 01-07-2011 05:32 AM

Hang in there, a friend had knee replacement a couple months ago and said the first days were the worst. She is now very pleased she did the surgery. Another had both knees replaced a couple years ago and she says the first year is the worst, after that you will be a new person. HER WORDS there.

drdolly 01-07-2011 06:04 AM

so glad to hear things went so well. Keep doing as told so you can get back to doing what you love.

Joan Gaddis 01-07-2011 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide
got my new knee on monday, this is the first time i have had a chance to get on line. painful and swollen, but i doing what i am told..and should be out of here in 5 or 6 days.
thanks for the all PM's,glad everyone got thier scraps before i went in. Blessings! Kim

i hope your knee does as well as mine. i got one in 07 and the other one in 09. doing great. just do the therapy it works!!

watterstide 01-07-2011 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Has it been worth it? Why was a replacement necessary? The reason I'm asking is that I keep putting my surgery off - I'm too scared (being overweight, etc) Best of recovery to you.

it is only worth it IF you want to be out of knee pain..and you follow the exercises they want you to do, IF you can't keep with the exercises, you will never be the same..you have to be motivated to get better and walking gain. this is my 2nd and final knee replacement. and i am well pleased.

i was bone on bone with both knees..pain,crying pain,at all hours. no rest. it will bea good 6 month to a year for complete healing, i have Fibromyalgia,so healing takes longer for me.

i am happy to have this done on the other knee..kim

Roberta 01-07-2011 07:45 AM

Yes, for sure do what they say. I rushed my knee replacement recovery and I'm paying for it 8 years later. On Feb. 3 I have to now have a complete hip replacment.

polly13 01-07-2011 08:13 AM

Well, if you have to be down, this is the season for it. You will be up and able when Spring arrives. Hope you can get back to quilting soon.

JANICE E. 01-07-2011 08:27 AM

Glad to hear surgery went will, just do as instructed and things will heal quickly.

JANICE E. 01-07-2011 08:28 AM

Glad to hear surgery went will, just do as instructed and things will heal quickly.

Lady Jane 01-07-2011 09:02 AM

Glad to hear that everything is going well. You'll be dancing a gig by St. Patty's day!

kwilter 01-07-2011 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by amma
(((HUGS))) Happy to hear from you! Wishing you a speedy recovery :D:D:D

Oh, yeah, my thoughts, too!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: