Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Tea for Two Jean Apron! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/tea-two-jean-apron-t183202.html)

Damsel in DisDress 03-18-2012 06:21 AM

Tea for Two Jean Apron!

1 Attachment(s)
I like to wear Aprons all the time around the house because I like to have the pockets for stuff and the ties of Apron strings to hook my phone on. I really love to have an apron on while I'm quilting to have certain notions ready for me to use, small ruler, scissors and marking pens, etc. So I decided to cut cut some old jeans apply some pretty fabric and paint and this is what I came up with!

QuiltE 03-18-2012 06:24 AM

Sounds like a good idea .... and I hope you get the photo posted!

amyjo 03-18-2012 07:08 AM

that is so cute. I just love the teapots and cups.

QuiltE 03-18-2012 07:25 AM

Now that'll be a fun apron to wear and use ... bet others are lining up with their cast off jeans for you!

Now if you could snag a pair of overalls ... think of all the storage available!! :)

Sunnye 03-18-2012 09:34 AM

Great minds think alike! I made a quilt out of that material. Unfortunately, I can't get a picture to load.
I love that apron!!!!!!!!!

snownannie 03-18-2012 12:49 PM

Very cute. Love the teapots. I think I would have put a ruffle out of the band fabric on the bottom. Love the idea.
Snownannie

AuntieD 03-18-2012 12:53 PM

Great job! Love the teapot fabric and the jean-apron is perfect!

SewExtremeSeams 03-18-2012 12:57 PM

I think you apron is darling.

I have been sorting my fabric stash and stuff and just yesterday rolled up all of my old jeans and filled an entire tub. I told DH that I was going to put a date on the tub and if I hadn't made stuff by this time next year, it was going to get tossed. "You" have saved my jeans stash! Thanks.

PS: I was thinking another title you could use for your jeans apron is "I can never tell if I am coming or going" since you have the back pockets on the front of the apron. LOL :D

Damsel in DisDress 03-18-2012 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 5070979)
I think you apron is darling.

I have been sorting my fabric stash and stuff and just yesterday rolled up all of my old jeans and filled an entire tub. I told DH that I was going to put a date on the tub and if I hadn't made stuff by this time next year, it was going to get tossed. "You" have saved my jeans stash! Thanks.

PS: I was thinking another title you could use for your jeans apron is "I can never tell if I am coming or going" since you have the back pockets on the front of the apron. LOL :D

That's Great! Also I love that title because most of the time I don't know if I am coming or going!LOL!

Damsel in DisDress 03-18-2012 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5070190)
Now that'll be a fun apron to wear and use ... bet others are lining up with their cast off jeans for you!

Now if you could snag a pair of overalls ... think of all the storage available!! :)

Thanks! Love the idea of overalls!