Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Tempted to do an act of kindness (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/tempted-do-act-kindness-t143487.html)

JCL in FL 08-08-2011 05:35 PM

I think you were listening and heard what you needed to do. Maybe it was what you needed or maybe it was what she needed. Doesn't matter!

Nanjun 08-08-2011 05:58 PM

A very good deed. I hope you get the job soon.

garysgal 08-08-2011 06:01 PM

That was very kind of you, but truthfully, there is no evidence of female angels in the Bible. She was just what she was, a homeless girl, and I hope she made it to her destination safely.

novicesew 08-08-2011 06:30 PM

You did exactly what you were surposed to do. What she does with the money is of no matter.

I pray that God will bless you and keep you.

Thank you.

jdiane318 08-08-2011 06:34 PM

I feel that God gives us 'promptings' all the time and it is up to you to act on it or ignore it. I feel that to ignore it would cause the loss of blessings. To act on it reaps many blessings.

I never knew that angels had a designated sex. Angels are just angels.

IBQUILTIN 08-08-2011 06:40 PM

A giving heart does not make anyone a sucker. Trust your senses in that kind of situation and know that you were the angel she needed at that moment. Bless you for your kindness, it will be returned in kind

garysgal 08-08-2011 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by jdiane318
I feel that God gives us 'promptings' all the time and it is up to you to act on it or ignore it. I feel that to ignore it would cause the loss of blessings. To act on it reaps many blessings.

I never knew that angels had a designated sex. Angels are just angels.

You're right-angels are spirits and have no sex. But when they appear to men, they appear as men, not women.

Tinabug 08-08-2011 07:18 PM

No matter the circumstances, you felt compelled to help and God bless you for that. I've done the same thing, I don't know why one person that was in need touched me over all the the others I see or if it was what I needed to do at that moment. God speaks in mysterious ways.

Momsmurf 08-08-2011 10:36 PM

This might sound like I'm making it up, but I am not.

I know exactly how you feel, because about a year ago a similiar thing happened to my husband and me.

We were going up to meet our son and his family to join them for lunch in Olympia, Washington. On the way back we stopped at our usual rest stop and while there saw a young couple and their dog in their car which was obviously filled with all their belongings. The young man was asking for any change so they could get gas. They had enough to get to the next little town but didn't have money and needed to get to town in Southern Oregon where they hoped to start a new job.

Both my husband and I then left to return home, but 5 minutes away from the rest stop we both looked at each other and "knew" what we had to do. As I told my husband, "I'm concerned for their dog." (Which was just my way of saying I felt we should go back and help them oout.) So, we got off at the next exit and found a gas station, bought a couple gallons of gas and headed to the rest stop. When we got there, they were still there, obviously preparing to spend the night. We gave them the gas, $20.00 and a pack of my husband's cigarettes, and wished them God's speed and left, following them out of the rest stop. The last we saw of them was as they turned off to get gas at the same station we had.

I don't know what ever happened to them, but I think if them and smile. Someone had to give them a break, and I'm glad we were chosen.

I know how you feel, ... and you will live with that warm glow for the rest of your life, and it's something no one can ever take away from you. That's the best part!

Sienna's GiGi 08-08-2011 11:21 PM

God uses people like you to bring hope to others. Your story has made my day. God Bless.