Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Thank you (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/thank-you-t227337.html)

kamaiarigby 08-05-2013 03:24 PM

Thank you

I would like to once again thank you wonderful Ladies and Gentlemen for your help

Last night about 3am I could not sleep, I got up and made a hot drink and setteled down to read the latest news from my friends at QB
I got down to the non quilting chatter, a section
I don't read daily, but last night I read in a older message that a lady had, had her Kindle replaced by Amazon, there were a number of other people who also had their kindles replaced.
Late last year we were in America and bought a kindle reader for our daughter and a
Kindle Fire HD for myself.
Our Daughter lives in Western Australia, while we live in New Zealand, daughters kindle after about three months stopped working
She went to post the kindle back to me and Australian would not allow her to post it, something to do about the battery in the Kindle.
Last month daughter flew home to NZ for a visit and bought the damaged kind Dole with her.
This morning I have been on a one to one chat with Amazon and they are replacing the Kindle
How wonderful is that??? So once again I am in deeply grateful to one and all at QB
Take a bow QB and a pat on the back, I know of no other group of friends who are so helpful and knowledgeabl
Dale Thornton. ( Kamaia Rigby's Nan )

omacookie 08-05-2013 04:00 PM

I love this board. New friends are so helpful. All you havr to do is ask. Hugs

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 08-05-2013 04:10 PM

This board can solve nearly any problem. Personally, I think we should be in charge of governments everywhere!

Misty's Mom 08-05-2013 04:17 PM

I think this board is a great group of people with knowledge on just about everything. Love it.

Nammie to 7 08-05-2013 08:14 PM

I was amazed when I discovered they would replace my kindle - it was under a year old and under warrenty so not an issue. This board is great - one learns something every day!

Alondra 08-06-2013 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter (Post 6217406)
This board can solve nearly any problem. Personally, I think we should be in charge of governments everywhere!

Now there's an idea whose time has come! If the government worked more like QB, we wouldn't have half the problems we have, and the ones we do have would be quickly solved. :o)

katesnanna 08-06-2013 08:11 AM

I agree with Alondra. Nothing we can't do if we all put our heads together.

Jingle 08-06-2013 09:17 AM

I agree, lots of knowledgeable people here. Always someone willing to help with whatever problem someone has. A great place to be.

quiltmau 08-06-2013 09:35 AM

love this board-I enjoy the post and the pictures-I really need to start sewing tho-LOL-the people here have been more helpful to me than the local guilds-you all made me feel welcome and helped me thru a few crisis. I agree-the government could take lessons from this board!!!

Carol34446 08-06-2013 10:07 AM

Quiltmau, you are so right, no longer any morals OR honesty in our goverment.