Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   thank you (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/thank-you-t256610.html)

lynnie 11-10-2014 08:40 PM

thank you

I want to take this opportunity to thank a board member.
I don't know this person, but she did a random act of kindness
to me and it is greatly appreciated. Quilters are the nicest people
and I want her to know what she did for me was very much welcomed
and appreciated. ....and will be paid forward.

ManiacQuilter2 11-11-2014 05:35 AM

That is terrific Lynnie. It is so enjoyable paying the gift forward!!

oldtnquiltinglady 11-11-2014 09:15 AM

Hi Lynnie: I just glanced up to see where you are from, and can't get a picture in my mind of a totally urban person like yourself being such an avid quilter. Oh well. Congratulations. I guess we all have our little niches. Plus, you've done a blue million posts, so you also do a lot of reading, huh? Just by way of suggestion, if you read a lot, and haven't read much about this Ebola thing worrying us right now, get hold of a copy of 'THE HOT ZONE' by Richard Preston and read it (be sure to read all the introductory and post scripted stuff); it is quite graphic, but from one who is a Debbie Macomber reader, it is a great, thought provoking read. And if you do read it, please get back to me and let me know your feelings.

leaha 11-11-2014 10:44 AM

Love love love PIF

lynnie 11-11-2014 01:21 PM

I've been quilting since I was a kid, and just finished my mystery train ride quilt.
I was quilting when it wasn't the cool thing to do, now they have quilting stores.
A real happy place.
Remember to pay it forward. you never know who you're helping, it does come back to you!!

ube quilting 11-11-2014 02:56 PM

Hi Lynnie, I for one love PIF and glad you are able to do so too. I see your name all over the QB so you are very involved and helpful, so even in that way you are PIF. You rock! And the person who helped you rocks too!
peace

coopah 11-11-2014 03:04 PM

Lynnie, you pay it forward with your private responses to people and your kindnesses to those who have questions or work to show on QB. It's a good thing that someone did a random act of kindness for ​you!

lynnie 11-11-2014 04:45 PM

Thank you, I appreciate the thoughtful words

sewingsuz 11-11-2014 04:50 PM

Lynnie, Thanks for all the PIF's and also the help and kindness you give to all of us.

barri1 11-11-2014 04:59 PM

This thread is kind of funny.. Yes, I have to say that Lynnie, you are awesome.
The reply about quilters on LI is funny, too.. I live on the island, and have been quilting for at least thirty years..
I was at the cardiologists, and the NP that was doing the stress test on me asked what I like to do in my spare time.. I said I love to quilt.. It turns out that she is a quilter, too.. We even thought the quilt show in Philly is the best one that we both go to..