Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Thanks for all of the Responses (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/thanks-all-responses-t160373.html)

Tropical 10-14-2011 10:03 AM

Thanks everyone for your kind responses to my Why Don't Doctors Listen? post. I feel better now that you all seem to think a new doctor is in order. That was my thought, as well an why I went to see him. It just so hard to find one that will treat my issues without pills. I had a couple of doctors in Michigan that worked ok after a long search. Even there, pills are the first treatment offered and sometimes the only one. My DM still has that issue about so many pills at age 88. She does need some for her heart and takes them faithfully. She had a really bad heart attack at the of 78 and open heart surgery at age 79.

Anyway, I knew I could get some good advice here and that is why I posted. Oh yeah, I also love all of the quilting advice and the pictures. This is such a caring, sharing group of people and I'm glad I found all of you. :)

Furza Flyin 10-14-2011 10:11 AM

HUGS! I hope you are able to find a good Dr to help you.

Nanamoms 10-14-2011 10:13 AM

Another thought that I forget to post previously. Look for a Wellness Doctor. My allergist is a Wellness Doctor so he strives to get me off prescription meds. Also ask about compounded meds...sometimes they are based on more natural ingredients.

Tropical 10-14-2011 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
Another thought that I forget to post previously. Look for a Wellness Doctor. My allergist is a Wellness Doctor so he strives to get me off prescription meds. Also ask about compounded meds...sometimes they are based on more natural ingredients.

Thanks so much. Now I have two avenues to try. :)

SouthPStitches 10-14-2011 10:23 AM

Best wishes to you.

mim 10-14-2011 11:54 AM

Just a thought -- Osteopathic doctors -- DOs -- don't prescribe as many pills as AMA doctors -- MDs. It is just a difference approach to how the body behaves and heals.

They both have the same qualifications -- DOs take an extra year of med school to learn the whole body approach.

Son #1 will only choose a MD doc -- son #2 is a runner and will only go to a DO doc.

Both docs use the same hospitals.
Mim

jljack 10-14-2011 12:17 PM

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and was feeling sick from the meds my rheumatologist was giving me. I searched out an alternative treatment for autoimmune diseases, and when I showed it to him, he refused to prescribe it for me saying "I don't practice like that". Well, I won't settle for a doc lilke that!! I found a doc who would prescribe it for me, and I feel like a new person. Don't settle for a doc that won't be open minded and listen to you and what you want. There are plenty of doctors out there who are open to ideas and will listen to what you want!!