Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   thanks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/thanks-t84607.html)

frenchrose 12-22-2010 04:53 PM

i want to thank everyone for thier caring thoughts and prayers
your poems were beautiful. i still miss mt dog but the words of caring helped.also while im on the board i have a ouestion does anyone have trouble finding people that quilt that they are friends with or that are family? because i sure do my husband thinks its a waste of money. to

frenchrose

amma 12-22-2010 05:00 PM

You can click on user list at the top of the page and search for members in your area. Type in KY and Kentucky in the search. You may find someone very close to you :D:D:D

cjomomma 12-22-2010 05:50 PM

Where in Ky are you?? I'm in western Ky on the west side of Kentucky lake.

ncsewer 12-22-2010 05:57 PM

I moved to NC amost 2 years ago and I've met some really nice people, but still not a quilting buddy.

cbridges22 12-22-2010 06:03 PM

I have no quilting buddies either and would love to have someone to talk with about my hobbies.That is why I come to the board.I have made some great friends here esp. Peachy and the North Pole gang.

pocoellie 12-22-2010 06:08 PM

I'm more of a loner, so I don't have a lot of friends or quilting friends, I do have about 3 quilting friends but they don't live even vaguely close to me. If you enjoy quilting and your results, then you're NOT wasting your time or money.

Patty Patches 12-22-2010 07:37 PM

Hi,Frenchrose,Welcome to the board.Theres a whole lot of us Ky. gals on here,even a few guy quilters.We sure have alot of fun.Don;t worry what dh thinks,it;s what you think that counts.My dh thinks it is crazy to cut material into little pieces then sew it back together.Also says[waste of time]I tell him if he wants to quit watching tv,then I;ll quit quilting-usally quites him down.ha-ha.When I get discouraged and down,I come to the board,lots of encouragement here.I live in somerset,do you live near here? Patty Patches

loopywren 12-23-2010 01:01 AM

I don't have any friends or family who quilt, or understand why I do, but it keeps me sane so I don't worry about it. There is a guild but I cannot get there without a car.

clem55 12-23-2010 05:37 AM

Like you, no friends that quilt, but I sure get lots of enjoyment here. I live in Lexington, and I know there are quilters here, but we haven't gotten together . Maybe someday.

gypsyquilter 12-23-2010 05:43 AM

yes! when I lived in New Hampshire I had the most amazing group of quilting buddies, we'd get together every tuesday night and just talk quilting, girl stuff and life in general. We ranged in age from early 20's to 70's. I love these ladies, they are wonderful and I miss them terribly.

i missed them so much when I moved to Texas, i'm not fan of guilds -too many politics and show offs (sorry, don't mean to offend).

I've not yet found a group like the one I had in New Hampshire, but I've not given up either.