Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Is there a board like this for knitters and crocheters? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/there-board-like-knitters-crocheters-t262461.html)

Judi in Ohio 03-11-2015 04:32 AM

Is there a board like this for knitters and crocheters?

I would love to connect with knitters/crocheters in the same way as I do here. Anyone know of any? Just love this format. I found some on facebook but isn't the same, but I'll give it a shot.

sewbizgirl 03-11-2015 04:36 AM

Yes, there is Knitters Paradise for knitters and crocheters. Beware tho... the moderation leaves a lot to be desired so a lot of bickering breaks out. If you can handle that, you might like it.

IrishgalfromNJ 03-11-2015 05:19 AM

Ravelry.com is another for knitters and crocheters. It's a free site all you have to do is register.

baronreads 03-11-2015 05:58 AM

Ravelry is my preferred knitting site. Love it! I'm also baronreads over there if you join.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/7de6c67b/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Lynn Street in MI 03-12-2015 05:11 AM

I too was looking for a similar group for crocheters. I joined one, but all I got once a day was a link to a pattern site. I wanted to find somewhere to trade or sell crochet pattern books. I have many that are like brand new and would love to find a good home for them. I will have to check out Ravelry. Thanks for the info!

Robbi5 03-13-2015 07:09 AM

Ravelry is wonderful! There are many many groups and forums. You can find knitting groups from the part of the would you live in, the breed dog you have, the shows you watch etc. I listen to several knitting podcasts, and each of them has a group I follow. Unfortunately I can spend way too much time there! You can keep a library of you knitting patterns buy adding your books and magazines, as well as buy online patterns. I keep track of all my yarn buy taking a picture and putting the details in my stash library making it easy to know what I have. I really wish there was something similar for quilting. I am Robbi5 if you join.

CAS49OR 03-13-2015 07:25 AM

I love Knitting Paradise

http://www.knittingparadise.com/

I wish I could find a similar board for sewists.

judyfry 03-13-2015 05:20 PM

I love it. It's for grown ups . If you don't like the topic it's up to you to delete. I like this forum but it is bland. Btw I'm 76, not a kid.
Judy

CAS49OR 03-14-2015 09:42 AM

At Knitting Paradise you can kind of tell which threads veer off and start bickering about stupid stuff, they will go on for many pages. I think it's hilarious if someone puts "Don't Read if You're Easily Offended" and ten people will go in there and read it and get upset about something was posted and start a rant. This is usually in the General Chit Chat section, easily avoided. In fact if you subscribe the the digest you can choose which sections you would like to show up in your digest.

For the most part there is not much bickering, just a lot of people who love knitting and crocheting and are willing to share and help -- much like this board. It's obvious there are a few people who look for reasons to get upset and start issues where there shouldn't be any. I just bail out of those conversations without saying anything. Life is too short to spend it on pettiness.

This board is much more peaceful, and I love that about it.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7123308)
Yes, there is Knitters Paradise for knitters and crocheters. Beware tho... the moderation leaves a lot to be desired so a lot of bickering breaks out. If you can handle that, you might like it.

sewbizgirl 03-21-2015 01:37 PM

Judyfry, you love what? Knitters Paradise? Ravelry?