Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Think I may sell up and..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/think-i-may-sell-up-t156060.html)

deedum 09-26-2011 03:06 PM

It doesn't seem like I have anytime or much quite time to do any quilting/sewing these days! So, I am thinking of just hanging out here on the board, to see what is shaking when I get a minute or two! Maybe just sell everything and live vicairously through the QB :thumbup:

craftybear 09-26-2011 03:14 PM

oh no, surely you can find time to sew or quilt, I love your machine in your avatar

Nantie 09-26-2011 03:15 PM

My friends and I have a term we used call "head quilting" we have been known to pick a pattern, fabric, cut, sew, and quilt all in the time it takes to have a cup of coffee. It certainly is fun and a lot of laughs but there is nothing as satisfying as truly quilting. Enjoy the board, do some head quilting but don't sell off all of your treasures time has a way of changing everything and you don't want to be inspired and have time to do a quilt or wallhanging or whatever and have to start all over again. Hang in there!

deedum 09-26-2011 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
oh no, surely you can find time to sew or quilt, I love your machine in your avatar

Yea, that little machine is "sweet pea". I loved her from the moment I seen her and almost didn't buy it! She makes me smile when I see her!

Thanks for the support, I was just having a weak moment or two! I have a autumn lapquilt cut out and ready for action. Just not getting the time to sew, but I will sooner or later! ;-)

Doreen 09-26-2011 03:43 PM

Well, we all have the same problem. I went for a whole week and didn't do anything related to quilting.

Barb44 09-26-2011 03:53 PM

I don't seem to have a lot of time either. But I grab an hour or half hour when I can. It is surprising how much can get done in an hour. I've been cutting blocks for a rag quilt for 4 days - a little at a time.

mim 09-26-2011 04:04 PM

Everyone's life make changes -- I thought I would never have the opportunity to sew or quilt again several times in the past. I kept my machine and stash in cartons and when things turned around, it was all there waiting for me -- it was like opening Christmas presents .

Hang in there -- even if you have to store stuff with friends. And we are always here for you.

Mim

Originally Posted by deedum
It doesn't seem like I have anytime or much quite time to do any quilting/sewing these days! So, I am thinking of just hanging out here on the board, to see what is shaking when I get a minute or two! Maybe just sell everything and live vicairously through the QB :thumbup:

Jan in VA 09-26-2011 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by deedum

Whoa, sounds a bit like suicide -- a very permanent solution for a temporary situation.:-D Surely this time will pass?! Hang onto every thing!

Jan in VA

SherriB 09-26-2011 04:43 PM

I know how you feel. I have so many things I want to get done by Christmas and don't have a clue where I will find the time. Sigh.

Even though my quilting time is so limited lately, I still love to pet my pretty fabrics and dream about quilting with them. LOL!!

deedum 09-26-2011 04:55 PM

[quote=
Whoa, sounds a bit like suicide -- a very permanent solution for a temporary situation.:-D Surely this time will pass?! Hang onto every thing!
Jan in VA[/quote]

Thanks Jan! Yes, it is a very mixed emotion. I know I won't sell everything, but I did mention it my dh today out of frustration a bit! He rubbed his hands together and said "how much can we get?":D *giggles*