Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   THINK SPRING!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/think-spring-t112769.html)

suebee 04-01-2011 07:12 PM

Sorry - cant get photos in.. I will keep trying

This is so beautiful I thought you would enjoy the colors and the signs of warmer weather- I hope this works, the photo's are stunning!!

The Netherlands in May
At first glance, it looks like a giant child armed with a box of crayons has been set loose upon the landscape.
Vivid stripes of purple, yellow, red, pink, orange and green make up a glorious patchwork. Yet far from being a childs sketchbook, this is, in fact, the northern Netherlands in the middle of tulip season. The Dutch landscape in May is a kaleidoscope of color as the tulips burst into life. The bulbs are planted in late October and early November. More than three billion tulips are grown each year & two-thirds of the vibrant blooms are exported, mostly to the U.S. and Germany .

HOLLAND PRODUCES MORE THAN 9 BILLION TULIPS A YEAR

Up North 04-01-2011 07:14 PM

Darn no pics unless I am peeking too soon!

sueisallaboutquilts 04-01-2011 07:19 PM

I need to watch this one b/c I've heard your tulips are breathtaking!!! :D

Ditter43 04-01-2011 07:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have seen the pictures before. I can attest to how breath taking they are!! :thumbup:I looked and realized I still had the pictures!! Enjoy!!

fields of different color flowers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]178453[/ATTACH]

tulips of every color
[ATTACH=CONFIG]178454[/ATTACH]

You can almost smell them!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]178455[/ATTACH]

craftybear 04-01-2011 07:31 PM

beautiful pictures

CarrieAnne 04-01-2011 07:31 PM

Beautiful pictures~

suebee 04-01-2011 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Up North
Darn no pics unless I am peeking too soon!

Sorry, couldnt get the pics to load. Im so bummed out. It was absolutely gorgeous!

suebee 04-01-2011 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
I have seen the pictures before. I can attest to how breath taking they are!! :thumbup:I looked and realized I still had the pictures!! Enjoy!!

Oh my gosh Ditter - YOU ARE AWESOME. These are the ones!!!LOL. THANK YOU THANK YOU...arent they just amazing....see any quilt ideas???

wanderingcreek 04-01-2011 09:46 PM

What gorgeous pictures. Wish I was there instead of here! Now that we are finally getting some warmer temps, things are starting to melt and everything looks so dirty and ugly.

Diana Lynne 04-02-2011 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by suebee

Originally Posted by Ditter43

Oh my gosh Ditter - YOU ARE AWESOME. These are the ones!!!LOL. THANK YOU THANK YOU...arent they just amazing....see any quilt ideas???

LOL, I saw quilt ideas..That was the first thing that popped in my brain..This is one very beautiful picture..