Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   For those with multiple sewing machines - (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/those-multiple-sewing-machines-t270012.html)

bearisgray 09-15-2015 08:19 AM

For those with multiple sewing machines -

If, for some reason, you could only keep one -

which one would it be?

For example - if I lived in California fire country - I think I would have an "escape bag" packed - or at least have stuff ready to throw in one -

which machine - if any - would you feel strongly enough to try to take with you?
(Assuming one had a few extra minutes to grab "stuff")

For me, it would be the Pfaff 1471 or the Pfaff 1473. They are both portable and light enough to be fairly transportable.

ManiacQuilter2 09-15-2015 08:32 AM

I would take my Bernina 1530 over my Bernina 1030. I use to live near a damn and they evacuated us once. Took the computer box, my original art works, my favorite bolts of fabric and both Berninas. Forgot my electric toothbrush!

Geri B 09-15-2015 01:54 PM

...purse and pets...everything else I own is replaceable or I really don't need it.....

Stitchnripper 09-15-2015 03:31 PM

I have various vintage machines including a featherweight and two that can treadle. I have my very first singer I bought myself in 1965 (Aqua 327) which I would never part with. I am thinking my colleagues on the vintage thread will now shun me but my favorite machine of all time is a Brother mechanical XR-52 that is about 13 years old and has given me zero trouble over those years. It is not fussy with thread and will take any fabric I throw at (or under it). I have seen them on eBay and thought about a spare. The original was bought at Costco.

Sandra in Minnesota 09-15-2015 04:36 PM

Caroline, my Featherweight would be my first choice in my sewing room.

maryb119 09-15-2015 05:48 PM

My Pfaff creative sensation Pro would be the first thing out of the house with me. I don't care how heavy it is.

sandy l 09-16-2015 03:02 AM

It would probably be my Pfaff 4.0, but if I had time, I'd also try to grab my Brother Nouvelle 1500S:)

OhCanada 09-16-2015 03:38 AM

I would grab my Go Bag (ID, money, water, food, batteries, flashlight, 1st aid kit, prescription drugs, radio, sat phone, cell phones and chargers) and my husband and I would skedaddle. All the other stuff is insured and replaceable for the most part. If you really are escaping from a dangerous area you don't want to waste any time and load yourself down, what if you have to abandon your car?

Annaquilts 09-16-2015 04:32 AM

Living in socal and having packed to go because of fires, I did not pack a single sewing machine but my children loaded all the quilts. When I found out it really touched me. What I did pack was a back pack for everyone, all our paperwork, jewelry, picture albums and basic supplies like water and food.

Stitchit123 09-16-2015 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 7318296)
...purse and pets...everything else I own is replaceable or I really don't need it.....

Same here. The only things that are not replaceable are photo's and the majority of these are on one of those USB things. But all of my pictures are in a case and hopefully I'll have time to snatch them up as the critters and I flee