Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Ticked (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ticked-t59538.html)

Nancy11442 08-15-2010 02:51 PM

Anybody ever had this problem?? I have had this happen so many times I'm ready to spit. I went out and bought a new can of spray starch, spray sizing. Brought it home, dropped the can...lid popped off and the little spray part fell off!! Went out AGAIN and bought another can of spray sizing....brought it home, gently opened it and thank goodness it is still okay. This happens almost every time I get a new can. I don't always drop it, but that little thingy manages to break off somehow and the can is no good. Anyone?

luv-e 08-15-2010 02:54 PM

more than you know lol lol lol

kayquilt 08-15-2010 03:03 PM

I don't use spray starch anymore. I use the liquid starch. I make a mixture of half starch and half water and use a hand spray bottle. I just don't like the aeresol (spelling) scent.

virtualbernie 08-15-2010 03:05 PM

I bought a 4 pack from BJ's Warehouse store. When I got it home one of the cans had a broken sprayer. It's broken in such a way that the sprayer can't be put back on so now I have an extra can of spray I can't use :?

Dawn Hendrix 08-15-2010 03:06 PM

thats why I stoped buying it.. switching starch might be next on your agenda....I first tried the liquid starth.. now I use best press... never had the problem again! But trust me I feel your frusteration!

lindyline 08-15-2010 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Dawn Hendrix
thats why I stoped buying it.. switching starch might be next on your agenda....I first tried the liquid starth.. now I use best press... never had the problem again! But trust me I feel your frusteration!

I also use best press, no aerosals, but also because it doesn't leave a residue like the aerosol does.
I use it when I show collies, as well as on the fabric, so I'm well aware of sticky residue.

virtualbernie 08-15-2010 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by lindyline

Originally Posted by Dawn Hendrix

I also use best press, no aerosals, but also because it doesn't leave a residue like the aerosol does.
I use it when I show collies, as well as on the fabric, so I'm well aware of sticky residue.

I use best press also when I can afford it...

clem55 08-15-2010 03:22 PM

Are you talking about the little colored cap, or the stem that fits in it? I've never had a stem break, but I have removed the cap myselffff. Most of my problems is after using it once, or not even that, nothing sprays out!

oatw13 08-15-2010 03:25 PM

For those of you having problems, you should contact the manufacturer and let them know what is happening. A can of starch should be able to withstand a drop to the floor without breaking it.

Most manufacturers have a website with contact information. And many allow you to send an electronic message through their website.

You may get reimbursed for the wasted can. And, if they don't know there is an issue, they will never fix it.

pocoellie 08-15-2010 03:34 PM

I've had that happened, that was before I managed to find the concentrate in our little town. Now, I just get the concentrate, heck of a lot cheaper. The same price as 1 can of the spray can, I can buy 1 gallon and have at least 10 times the amount of starch.