Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Time it take to change mailing address (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/time-take-change-mailing-address-t300614.html)

Rhonda Lee 11-02-2018 05:34 AM

Happy to hear you made it thru the maize and came out OK!

sewnclog 11-02-2018 03:32 PM

Too bad you couldn't do it online. When I went on SS, I did it online. SO much easier; and I'd bet the wait in this area would have been hours long too.

nativetexan 11-03-2018 05:21 AM

This is one reason i didn't change my name after my husband passed away..these days it is so very hard to do.

romanojg 11-04-2018 06:54 AM

Over 6 months ago my daughter moved out, she put in a change of address and marked the whole family, that's what started these months of frustration. My mail person let me know of her mistake. So my daughter went back to the post office and told them what happened. They actually filled out the form for her and that was supposed to fix it. NOT. I went to the post office, talked to a supervisor, he said the computer was acting funny and he'd call me when it came back on. NOT. 2 weeks later I went back in, ask to speak to supervisor and was told he was out. I told the person my story, she again filled out the form that my daughter had filled out. she said that was all that I needed. NOT. A few weeks later, my mail person stopped by and told me that nothing is in the system showing that it was fixed. She told me to fill out the form and she'd pick it up or I could go on line. I went online, filled it all out, you pay a dollar at the end with a card that has your address for verification. I got an email saying it was all set up but would take about 10 days for it all to be taken care of.

While I was waiting for the to take place my daughter was getting most of my mail, some my neighbors got, magazines aren't forwarded so I'm sure there's a lost one out there somewhere. The post office constantly mails out a change of address list to the big companies, which the post office denied but I checked with my creditors who had changed my address as to who told them to and they explained the list. I was constantly going to all of my creditors and changing my address back to what it should be even though I explained to them the mistake, they'd get the new list and change it again. I waited for a month, no change. I was home one day and my mail person told me she'd checked that morning and it still wasn't set up. I filled out another card and she turned it in and on Sat I finally started getting mail after 6 mos of fighting with the post office. My daughter still gets some of my mail but mostly it comes to my house. I'm still not sure if my missing magazine was sent back and they cancelled since the post office sent that letter or it expired. And they wonder why every one wants to do things on line. The funny thing about this with my creditors, I don't get anything in the mail so its not like things were getting sent back. They just believed this list and didn't even check with me. Well, only Geico was the only one that checked with me. I didn't think this night mare would ever end. OH, and during the time after I did the online I kept getting emails from them telling me it was being processed and the day that I should start getting my mail, which I didn't. And all of the info for it to go back to my oirginal address was right, they just weren't doing it right.

I told my daughter to never do that again.