Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Time Zones - Who is REALLY online so early? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/time-zones-who-really-online-so-early-t19100.html)

PrettyKitty 04-17-2009 12:45 AM

Morning! It is always fun when I log on in the morning, and look to see who else is here. THe UK is 5 hours ahead of the US East Coast, so there are usually only a few people online, usually us Brits, Izy and Elle in Spain and k3n in France.

But I see other names of 'connected' users that I know are in the US. Currently it say the following people are online:
Connected users: Izy joannl joy Ninnie lorils Quiltin'Lady Pam Pollock kwhite MsSage PrettyKitty bodie358 trugger Denise0256 blahel FancyFoot pittsburgpam 3incollege kd124 jette PatriceJ

Are you guys really online or do you just leave your computer on and logged in all night? Because at the time or writing this, it is 9.40am here, meaning it is 4.40am in New York, and even earlier for those of you further West! Or are some of you just night owls and stay up til the wee hours doing your quilting?

patricej 04-17-2009 12:53 AM

i'm usually logged on 24 hrs a day because i leave my computer on all the time.

but ... yes ... i am awake. thanks to hot flashes, my body/brain schedule has changed radically. they wake me up about every two hours, almost like clockwork. i usually "give up" and get up between 3:30 and 4:00 am. these few hours before i have to get ready and head off to the office are when i do most of my quilting. even on weekends i'm usually awake before the chickens.

by the time most people are having breakfast, i've had "lunch" and am ready for my "afternoon" nap. :roll: :lol:

PrettyKitty 04-17-2009 01:06 AM

Well, morning Patrice, you are up with the larks. How frustrating for you waking so early, but there is something to be said for that 'quiet time' early morning before the rest of the world wakes up. You must get so much done!

Barb M 04-17-2009 01:19 AM

lol i'm not up early, i'm up late! lol I'm on the west coast, so i am 8 hours behind you, yup, it's 2am and i'm still sewing :) :) :) morning kitty, morning patrice lol :)

PrettyKitty 04-17-2009 01:23 AM

Morning Barb! So you are a night owl! Hope you don't have to get up early tomorrow (today!). :-o

Barb M 04-17-2009 01:24 AM

Yes, i'm a night owl, me??? get up early??? never! lol

sewaholic 04-17-2009 01:25 AM

7.25pm here right now.

youme 04-17-2009 01:35 AM

It is 18:34pm here in Japan. We have just finished our early dinner.

reneebobby 04-17-2009 02:09 AM

I'm on Monday thru Friday about 6:00 am sometimes earlier if I get to work earlier.

NiceNCLady 04-17-2009 02:12 AM

I agree with Patrice, those hot flashes are a great wake up call. I'm usually on here around 5:30 each morning. Gotta check out what's going on before work.