Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Tomorrow is the big day and I'm scared to death!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/tomorrow-big-day-im-scared-death-t132746.html)

Opal Jane 06-24-2011 05:22 AM

What would the quilt police say?

Jeanniejo 06-24-2011 05:24 AM

I'm sure you will do fine !! Just remember that mose of the people there don't know how to quilt and will be awe struck !! :thumbup:

Tink's Mom 06-24-2011 05:26 AM

Remind the quilt police that these quilts are raising money to help sick children...Which quilts did they donate to the cause?

lyndad 06-24-2011 05:30 AM

Oh try not to stress, we usually worry over things that in the end turn out great. Your heart is in the right place and you worked very hard on your projects. You have the right to be very proud. Sending you hugs and well wishes.

Enchanted Quilter 06-24-2011 05:33 AM

Your quilts are beautiful !!Don't worry about selling them people who love quilts will buy, they will see the blood, sweat & tears and most of all they will see your " LOVE of Quilting" it will show in every quilt. Go Go have a great time, just be yourself as you are on here they will Love You as we do. You have a great personality let it shine for all to see .

cjomomma 06-24-2011 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by great aunt jacqui
How many quilts did you make? If the Q P say anything Tell them how many you made the time involved all for charity and challenge them to surpass that next year. Really push it...ask them to write their names and E mails so you can remind them of upcoming fundraisers.

Not as many as I wanted. I got 21 completed quilts. I decided to take the other tops and the ones that I have the backing and batting for that are ready to be sandwiched and quilted. If I had completed them all it would have been 40 quilts. If I didn't have a life then all of them would have been done. :-)

cjomomma 06-24-2011 05:34 AM

You all are so great. Already you have inspired me to be more confident. Thank you!!

Sadiemae 06-24-2011 05:38 AM

Good Luck! You hae worked so hard, and it is such a great charity you are contributing to. It would take a lot of nerve for the quilt police to say something at an event like this.
Cute Quilts!!!

kraftykimberly 06-24-2011 05:46 AM

Enjoy your day today!!! Be open to hear comments, suggestions and praise as I know alot of that will be coming your way. I've seen most of your posted quilts and you have lots to be proud of. Im sure the event will be a success. Be sure to come back and share all the details with us. We are all there with you in spirit!!!

emerald46 06-24-2011 05:58 AM

Take a deep breath, exhale slowly. Wiggle your toes and fingers. RELAX! It will be just fine! Quilt police that show up are there for the wrong reason and should be politely sent home! Enjoy!