Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Traveling is so much fun, Where have you been? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/traveling-so-much-fun-where-have-you-been-t41933.html)

craftybear 04-06-2010 10:33 PM

Traveling is so much fun.

Where have you been?

craftybear 04-06-2010 10:41 PM

I live in Indiana, USA.

I have been to:

Ireland, London
took a cruise (Florida Keys, Mexico, Caymen Islands, Jamaica)

drove to Branson, Missouri a few years ago to meet some internet friends and then on to Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas

(I DROVE TO BRANSON BY MYSELF) yipppeee, I made it, was fun

I am trying to think of what states in USA I have been to (let me look at a map)
Indiana (of course, I live here)
Michigan, Ohio,Kentucky,Illinois,Missouri,Texas,Oklahoma,Kan sas
Colorado,Wisconsin,Tennessee,Georgia,Arkansas,Wyom ing,
Pennsylvania,Florida

zz-pd 04-06-2010 10:51 PM

wow Karen, you have been every were, I have been to Idaho and San Jose, CA. Penny

craftybear 04-06-2010 10:53 PM

Hi,

The trip to Ireland and London was when I sold Insurance and I won that trip.

Also the cruise was a free trip! Lots of hard work selling policies but I did it.

Originally Posted by penny doty
wow Karen, you have been every were, I have been to Idaho and San Jose, CA. Penny

fabric-holic 04-07-2010 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Traveling is so much fun.

Where have you been?

I'm lucky. My father loved to travel so each summer we went on a road trip. I've been to all the states except Hawaii and Alaska, and I've been to Canada alot and old Mexico a few times. I also went on a 3 week tour of Europe for my second honeymoon. I'd love to go to Australia someday and back to Europe.

tlrnhi 04-07-2010 04:35 AM

Wow! Let's see...as a kid, we would always go somewhere on weekends, then 2 weeks in the summer.
We traveled all of New England, up to the coast of Nova Scotia to the tip. Down to Virginia.
After I grew up, ok, I'm not all the way grown up...lol
I've traveled thru almost all of the states.
Haven't been to OR, IA, ID, NE, AK or WY
I've lived in RI (born and raised there), CT, Ga, HI, Guam,and Germany.

Visited ...
Cities around Germany when I lived there
Austria
Spain
Morocco
Canary Islands
Australia
Japan (Tokyo, Fukuoka, Sasebo, Yokosuka, and Misawa) I think there are a couple other little places, but can't remember the names.
Hong Kong
Singapore
Manila, Philipenes
and just got back from Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) (You get a HUGE sticker in your passport!)

I know I'm probably forgetting some, but brain is a bit foggy from packing.

Quilter7x 04-07-2010 04:56 AM

I've been to Ireland also, it's a beautiful country. :) Went on a cruise for our honeymoon in the Caribbean - loved snorkling at St. John. Been to Ontario, WA, ID, TX, OH, but one of my favorite places to visit is "quilt country" Lancaster county, PA.

Eddie 04-07-2010 05:07 AM

Places I've been are:

New Zealand (3 times)
Philippines
Singapore
Hong Kong
Japan
England (twice)
Scotland (twice)
Ireland
France
Germany
Greece
Cyprus
Mexico
Peru
Bahamas
Canada

shaverg 04-07-2010 05:17 AM

I was born in Alaska, spent 3 years in Germany, while there went to Switzerland, Holland, England, and Scotland. I have been all over Canada and every state in the US except Wyoming and Montana. I have been to Grand Caymen Islands, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and most of the Carribean Islands, and the Bahamas. Also, I almost forgot Panama Canal, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Columbia, Nicaragua.

Pam 04-07-2010 06:06 AM

PLaces I have been:
Mainland Japan
Okinawa
Korea
Hong Kong
China
Guam
Phillipines
Alaska
Hawaii
Mexico
Canada
Grand Cayman
Cozumel
Puerto Rico, going there again in August
Most states, except the Rockies, planning on getting there some day.
I grew up in Michigan, joined USMC and married a Marine! We have lived like Gypsies for years, but have settled in Southern Illinois.