Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Trip to Florida (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/trip-florida-t213720.html)

juropat 02-13-2013 06:15 AM

Trip to Florida

Anyone been to St Augustine, FL or Jacksonville, FL? We are planning our trip to visit a very sick, dear friend for few days n we are hoping to grab little R n R before coming home. We will be in Boynton, FL area and if time permit to see some places to visit while we are there for a week while she's resting.

EllieGirl 02-13-2013 06:43 AM

We went to the Gator Bowl several years ago, which is in Jacksonville. We drove to St. Augustine. That is on of the most beautiful, calming places I've seen. There is a market we went to and also a place where the Fountain of Youth was found.

nunnyJo 02-13-2013 06:50 AM

a trip to St.Augustine is worth every minute. living in Fl. we have made several trips to the area and never bore of it. FHave fun

alwayslearning 02-13-2013 08:03 AM

Been in Florida over 20 years and St. Augustine is a favorite repeat place to visit: it has history, shopping, great eating, good local live theater, the beach, the lighthouse, and more and more. Enjoy.

juropat 02-13-2013 02:17 PM

Thanks for some great ideas n feedback. Definitely will check into it.

tutt 02-13-2013 02:28 PM

I suggest you check out the St. Augustine light house!

Wanabee Quiltin 02-14-2013 05:17 AM

I went to St. Augustine FL years ago and remember it as being very beautiful. Have a great time.

fllady 02-14-2013 07:42 AM

Visit to Florida

Originally Posted by juropat (Post 5858401)
Anyone been to St Augustine, FL or Jacksonville, FL? We are planning our trip to visit a very sick, dear friend for few days n we are hoping to grab little R n R before coming home. We will be in Boynton, FL area and if time permit to see some places to visit while we are there for a week while she's resting.

While you are in Boynton, drive up to Palm Beach and visit the Flagler Museum ( a wonderful mansion built by Henry Flagler)and the Norton Museum. There are also lovely cruises down the inter coastal waterway.
On your way north to St. Augustine, consider visiting Cape Canaveral (or whatever it is called these days) to learn about the space program. You can easily spend most of the day there.

cannyquilter 02-14-2013 07:44 AM

I have been to St Augustine several times, it is really lovely, very mediteranean. I took a tour of the university and it was really fascinating so try to catch that

matraina 02-14-2013 07:53 AM

Finally, someone talks about places I know a little about. We have friends living in Palm Coast. We are snowbirds; and whenever we winter in Kissimmee, we visit them. St. Augustine's Historical District is fun. They have 3 fudge places, clothes places, candle places, and many others. The restaurants are very good, too. Flagler Beach is another place we visit with them. I don't think Daytona Beach is all that far away either.