Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   TV in Bedroom (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/tv-bedroom-t192253.html)

Needles 06-21-2012 03:42 AM

Never a TV in our bedroom, DH did shift work for 25 years, used a box fan for noise blocker and still use one.
Must work, been married over 50 years.

craftymatt2 06-21-2012 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt (Post 5302157)
No tv in our room.. There's seven other rooms he can go into if he wants to watch tv...

Same goes with laptops --- no place for them in our bedroom

One exception iPhones - we use them instead of alarm clocks.

We live out in the country , no shades needed for any room !!!

I need to be out in the country, spent a lot of time on grandparents farm growing up, no locks on doors, no shades or curtains on windows, piece and quiet and beautiful with a huge garden. Memories

craftymatt2 06-21-2012 09:12 AM

I have a big tv, my computer desk with computer, huge stereo system for lots of noise, my treadmill and frig, oh and ymy video cabinet and vcr, i am all set

Morag 06-21-2012 09:56 AM

Amen to that one :) Love the country life !!

Iraxy 06-21-2012 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by earthwalker (Post 5302145)
Hate having any electronic/tv/etc. equipment in our bedroom....don't even have a digital clock. Have enough electronics during the day....don't need them while we are chillaxing in the boudoir.

Love it. I have my cpap in my room and that is it. If it were not for my sleep apnea, I wouldn't have it. I love the chillaxing! great word.

Stitchnripper 06-21-2012 01:55 PM

We have a tv in the bedroom but rarely turn it on. Not against it, but, we tend to read and I put the tv on in the bathroom while I am getting ready in the a.m. Yes, a tv in the bathroom. I watch it when I get ready and when I am soaking in the bubblebath.

blueheavenfla 06-21-2012 08:49 PM

That's why you need a TV in the bedroom! In fact, we used to have 2 in our bedroom (liked different channels) and they never stopped us from lovemaking. No that we are wayyyy older, only 1 set is needed; he goes to bed early and I go several hours later (most of the time, ha ha). It is so much easier to sleep with the TV on.

Originally Posted by ptquilts (Post 5302740)
We only have one TV, in the LR. Now will someone tell me why, when I am watching TV and fall asleep, when I get up and go to bed, I can't sleep?

quiltmau 06-22-2012 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt (Post 5302157)
No tv in our room.. There's seven other rooms he can go into if he wants to watch tv...

Same goes with laptops --- no place for them in our bedroom

One exception iPhones - we use them instead of alarm clocks.

We live out in the country , no shades needed for any room !!!

there are better things to do in the bedroom than watch tv. No tv, no laptops, one phone-ugh!!-books are allowed-sometimes!:o

rusty quilter 06-22-2012 04:00 PM

I swore years ago I would never have one in my bedroom--thus far have been successful. I don't want or need the additional background noise--and do want a "sanctuary". I do have a stereo system in there though that I listen to when I am in the mood to block the world out.

Jim's Gem 06-22-2012 07:36 PM

No TV in our room. No TV reception at all in this house. Havn't watched TV in my home in 18 1/2 years.