Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   TV watching (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/tv-watching-t146696.html)

BarbaraTX 08-21-2011 05:51 AM

Do you watch (listen to) the TV while you quilt? I have a TV in my sewing room, and if I'm in there, the TV is on. I have to have background noise. How about you?

JeannieT 08-21-2011 05:54 AM

yep ,like to have HGTV on most of the time - on Friday nights I like to have Dateline on.

genafan201 08-21-2011 05:55 AM

The tv that is in my sewing room is connected to the tv in my living room. So, what ever is being watched in the living room is what I have to watch in the sewing room. So, sad as it sounds, I program the living room tv for a day's worth of watching, and disappear for the day. Usually what I'm watching are Lifetime movies, House Hunters, or a baseball or football game. But, like you, it's mostly just noise, and at the end of the day, I can't really tell you about anything that I "watched"...

Glassquilt 08-21-2011 05:56 AM

Yes

amma 08-21-2011 05:56 AM

Yes, I have the tv on during the day for background noise, not just when I am quilting :D:D:D

DJ 08-21-2011 05:57 AM

Nope . . . love the peace and quiet. Although I do my hand quilting in front of the TV in the evenings, mainly to spend time with DH (who is often sleeping in front of the TV).

QuiltnNan 08-21-2011 06:04 AM

yes, my tv is on all day. don't just sit and watch, though. and i miss a lot of the news while on QB :)

MIJul 08-21-2011 06:06 AM

Mine is on. I live in a country woods with no neighbors, so sometimes it's just "company" or white noise. Other times it's a connection to the outside world. It's easy to forget there's one out there sometimes.

dakotamaid 08-21-2011 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by genafan201
The tv that is in my sewing room is connected to the tv in my living room. So, what ever is being watched in the living room is what I have to watch in the sewing room. So, sad as it sounds, I program the living room tv for a day's worth of watching, and disappear for the day. Usually what I'm watching are Lifetime movies, House Hunters, or a baseball or football game. But, like you, it's mostly just noise, and at the end of the day, I can't really tell you about anything that I "watched"...

Chuckle, this is what we did with our TV and dish receiver in our bedroom. It is right across the hall from my sewing room so my Hubby set it up so I can use the bedroom receiver on my sewing room tv. I just point the remote toward the bedroom and change changes as I wish.!! I'm usually not in both rooms at the same time so it works.:)

leatheflea 08-21-2011 06:08 AM

No tv in my sewing room, I'm not a big fan of tv. I listen to talk radio and sometimes music. With talk radio I can keep up on current events. I do have my satelite set to record sewing and quilting shows. I watch them every couple of weeks when I need to do some hand sewing such as binding. I had one in my sewing room for 4 years and never even plugged it in, I finally gave it to my son. Usually my tv doesnt even come on until around 9 or 10 in the evening when dh comes in the house. Tuesday nights is my night I like to watch Top Shot but it too is recorded for later viewing.