Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Ugh, "Prove You're Not a Robot" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ugh-prove-youre-not-robot-t191725.html)

quiltbabe 06-14-2012 06:57 AM

If it bothers you so much, why not let the blogger know how you feel? Seems like that'd do a whole lot more good than complaining about it here. :o[/QUOTE]

You're probably right, but at least now I know I'm not the only one!

quiltbabe 06-14-2012 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Suzan88 (Post 5288334)
I emailed the moderator of one site to say I couldn't get it to work and was thoroughly irritated and then discovered,seconds later, that couldn't work because I'd missed out one 'required field'. Oops!

I just hate it when I experience that "operator error"! ;-)

Lori S 06-14-2012 07:06 AM

I too really find them bothersome.. I don't have issues with my eyesight, but so many are just too hard to decifer. I rarley leave comments or use sites that have them , because they are frustrating.

Peckish 06-14-2012 07:52 AM

I admit sometimes they're hard to read. Why don't you just click the audio version and type what the computer reads out loud to you? I've never seen a Captcha without an audio link.

quiltbabe 06-14-2012 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 5288627)
I admit sometimes they're hard to read. Why don't you just click the audio version and type what the computer reads out loud to you? I've never seen a Captcha without an audio link.

Oh my gosh, for the ones I've tried, that's even worse! It sounds like another language!

ptquilts 06-14-2012 08:20 AM

You would think they would KNOW not to put in things that are easily mistaken, like "I" and "1". Stick to easily recognizable letters and numbers.

nstitches4u 06-15-2012 06:15 PM

I have the same problem. I just tried to sign up for a quilting newsletter and gave up after 4 tries. The numbers and letters are so scrunched together that you can't really tell what they are. I have signed up for a lot of sites with this requirement, but some of them run everything together so badly that they just make it impossible to decipher their robot codes. It is frustrating.

OHSue 06-15-2012 09:39 PM

If the picture isn't clear to me I just use the audio, never a problem.

patricej 06-16-2012 12:59 AM

I think all site technicians know that the security features are annoying.
unfortunately, they have become essential to creating a safe environment for site users.
without them, spammers can easily use software routines to invade sites with lots of fake accounts in just a few minutes. once they have those set up it's a simple matter to flood a site with advertisements or other unwelcome content.

no solution is going to be perfect for everybody. one thing i'd suggest is enlarging the content of your browser view (zoom in) before going through one of those routines. the larger the view setting the easier it will all be to read and understand.

MaryAnnMc 06-16-2012 05:12 AM

Those unreadable words are the reason I don't bother leaving many comments any more. I feel badly for the bloggers, it's out of their control. But after trying three times to get a readable word, I give up.