Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Unable to Adjust (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/unable-adjust-t174129.html)

traumaRN 01-02-2012 07:53 AM

Unable to Adjust

I have tried ever since "the switch" to familiarize myself with this new platform, but I just do not like it. I have found myself making fewer and fewer posts and when I tried to upload some pics, the site wouldn't take it.

pscott392 01-02-2012 08:45 AM

I felt this way in the beginning as well, but was also determined not to give up. What makes it easier for me now is scrolling down to the bottom of the page and clicking on "Archives". Once there, you get a list of all the forums. Click on the forum you want to read - the posts in blue are ones that are unread. Once you click on a post to read it, it turns red. Once I have finished reading a post, I click on the "back arrow" at the top left side of the page and it takes me back to the forum I am currently reading. This format is also very similar to the "old" format. I can honestly say that I have not tried posting pictures yet, but will tackle this also when I'm ready to post a picture. Pictures may have to be resized, but will give that my best shot as well. Don't give up yet - try different ways to figure out what will work best for you.

Bonbonary 01-02-2012 08:54 AM

I clicked on the quilting haven link and they are updating, too! It was pretty tough to get used to this board's changes but I'm finally used to it. I was about to give up, but I'm glad I stayed with it.

AliKat 01-02-2012 09:03 AM

I just go straight to Archive at the bottom of the page and then go to Main. I 'subscribe' to any thread I want to watch.

ali

valleyquiltermo 01-02-2012 09:06 AM

I learn something new everyday on this board and the people are so very nice and helpful. I will stay here as I've been on the internet for about 20 years now and this is the best quilting board I've ever found.

QuiltE 01-02-2012 02:48 PM

Life is about change !!!
Any changes take some patience and persistance ... do you buy a new sewing machine and switchover without a learning curve? do you never upgrade your computer? or have upgrades to the programs on the computer? Lots of changes and adaptations for that.

One thing about modern technology is that we can expect change.
And we can't escape it, that's for sure!!!!

As for the other site .... well it seems they've had a bundle of problems recently.
I think many who left QB have discovered that the other wo/man's grass is NOT always greener!

This is a great site .... I've learned so much since I joined last year!!
My thanks to those who have shared and made it so enticing.

Kim Bohannon 01-02-2012 02:51 PM

so sorry to see you go... wish you would reconsider. Yes, it takes a while to get used to the new board, but once you get used to it, it's better than the old... and many pictures have to be resized, but on my computer that is pretty easy to do. I wish you the very best! and have a happy new year

GABBYABBY 01-02-2012 02:59 PM

Please don't give up yet!!! I too had problems at first but was determined to hang in there. I am so
glad I did. I still like how the old forum was, but now I am getting used to this one.

Up North 01-02-2012 03:15 PM

This site is no harder to learn than the old one was we were just comfortable there so change was hard. keep plugging away it will become easier. We'd hate to lose you.

Tink's Mom 01-02-2012 03:24 PM

I'm going to keep plugging away right here on the Quilting Board...many of our friends that left us when the switch happened, have come back. This is the best quilt group out there.