Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Update on yellowed satin/ring bearer pillow (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/update-yellowed-satin-ring-bearer-pillow-t223216.html)

Nanamoms 06-07-2013 08:36 PM

Update on yellowed satin/ring bearer pillow

Success!!!! I ordered the Retro Clean www.retroclean.com and followed the directions. Took a couple of days because I put it out in the sunshine to really do a good job! It works great...even the delicate lace came back white. This is 35 yo lace and satin!!

I made the ring bearer pillow and on front I put a 3" wide section of the lace about 1/3 from top. Then I embroidered the couple's first name, wedding date and wedding bells on the bottom 2/3rd. To bring in their colors, I used aqua tulle and wrapped it around the pillow and tied in back. Then I added long white 1/4 in white ribbon and 1/4 shorter aqua ribbon. For a finishing sentimental touch, we attached my mom and dad's wedding bands to the pillow. They would be the groom's great grandmother and grandfather. I thought my grandson was going to cry!!

I also tied love knots in the aqua ribbon....2 on one side and 1 on the other side...representing them and the coming baby. My grandson did cry at that. My new granddaughter was just thrilled and she said it touched her that I did all of this for them.

It was the sweetest ceremony...and yes, I cried a little!! After all, he is my first grandchild and I've had him for 23 years!!! LOL

NOW YALL CAN CHASTISE ME FOR NOT MAKING A PICTURE OF IT!! It was just so hectic. I will get a pic and post later!!

QuiltnNan 06-08-2013 03:35 AM

so glad it turned out well. thanks for sharing your product success

QuiltMom2 06-08-2013 04:56 AM

I am always in awe of the creativity and love that goes into some projects! God bless them on their journey together.

KyKaren1949 06-08-2013 05:16 AM

I can't wait to see the picture. What a wonderful idea!!!

JanieH 06-08-2013 12:05 PM

What a timely post for me! I was just gifted with 46 blocks of the Dutch Doll pattern made in the 30's by a friend and the white is very yellowed; it looks almost as if it is tea stained a medium brown. I will definitely be trying this product on them. Wish me luck!

Prism99 06-08-2013 12:40 PM

Nanamoms, thanks for posting this success story! JanieH, it's best to wait on the Retroclean until the quilt is quilted and bound so you do not have to deal with possible uneven shrinkage or frayed edges.

coopah 06-08-2013 02:31 PM

Sounds wonderful! Please post!! Thanks for telling about the Retroclean success. Think I'll need to try that on a couple of things.

T. 06-09-2013 07:48 AM

Me too. can't wait to see the picture :)

IBQUILTIN 06-09-2013 10:26 AM

Sounds to me like you just got a wonderful new granddaughter