Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Updated with info about Susan QB member's daughter needs cheering up again. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/updated-info-about-susan-qb-members-daughter-needs-cheering-up-again-t122134.html)

JanetM 05-10-2011 09:48 AM

Last year so many of you helped a fellow quilting board member when she asked if we would send her daughter get well wishes.

Her daughter Susan is in the hospital again (since March), and had to have her leg amputated. She continues to battle infections and other health threats.

Her Mom Pat is very concerned about her, because as you can imagine her spirits are very low. She asked her Mom to bring all of the cards we sent last year, but Pat is hoping we will open our hearts once again and send some new ones.

Please PM me if you can help...and thank you ♥♥♥

UPDATE: I need to get Susan's last name before we can send cards, but I haven't heard back from her Mom yet.

Here is some info about Susan. Susan is 40 something, and a mother herself to a teenage son. Susan uses a wheelchair because of serious injuries she received as a teenager. ( I am not comfortable with discussing details without her Mom's permission). Susan likes to sew and has enjoyed sewing with her Mom Pat. Last year, she received some care packages from many generous QB members and she put them to good use. Susan has had to battle numerous and lengthy hospital stays, but our cards last year did her a world of good, so maybe we can do so again. Thank you all so much.

BARES 05-10-2011 09:55 AM

Just had a BIL have his leg amputated. Of course he is in his 60's. This is a very difficult thing for the person and their family to go thru. I am sorry they are having to deal with this.

TwinRiverFarm 05-10-2011 09:57 AM

I would be happy to help any way. Send me addresses, a list of Susan's favorite things and colors, and any ideas to cheer up Pat, too. Miriam

cjomomma 05-10-2011 10:34 AM

This is a wonderful idea. I will be happy to send a card and maybe a little something extra.

quiltsillysandi 05-10-2011 10:38 AM

Me too!! Be glad to help out!!

Nanamoms 05-10-2011 10:43 AM

I'll be glad to send a card and maybe a little something. I know what it's like to deal with an illness over a long period of time.

Just PM me when you get her info.

mayme 05-10-2011 10:58 AM

Would love to send to send a card.

dar627742 05-10-2011 11:08 AM

is susan able todo any hand work at all?o rwill she beable to ,soon?i'm sure icould come up w/ a few things,maybe it would lift herspirits a little& help take hermind off things,even if only for a few minutes at a time.
please keep us informed w/addys & maybe whatshe would need/want.this qb is so wonderful& generous that []along w/ prayers]i'm sure she'll get plenty of whatever she needs.
again,please add my addy to our list
love & prayers,dar627742

wanda lou 05-10-2011 11:10 AM

I would like to send a card.

JanetM 05-10-2011 11:18 AM

Sent PM's to all of you. Thank you so much.