Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   UPS stamps cost (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ups-stamps-cost-t319856.html)

Quiltwoman44 01-04-2023 03:44 PM

UPS stamps cost

I just bought a "book" of stamps. that is a sheet of 20. I paid $14.15!! why? I told the young man i wanted to get stamps before the price went up. I think I would have been better off just driving to the UPS store and buying one stamp at a time! very odd. sigh.

dluvs2quilt 01-04-2023 04:41 PM

The price of stamps is supposed to jump up on January 22nd from 60 cents to 63 cents.

SueZQ from MN 01-04-2023 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltwoman44 (Post 8583673)
I just bought a "book" of stamps. that is a sheet of 20. I paid $14.15!! why? I told the young man i wanted to get stamps before the price went up. I think I would have been better off just driving to the UPS store and buying one stamp at a time! very odd. sigh.

Where did you buy the stamps? If you buy them at the US post office you only pay for stamps, if you buy them at the UPS store or some other outlet, you are paying a handling/service charge too.

cashs_mom 01-04-2023 05:49 PM

I only buy Forever stamps. Mostly so I don't have to deal with 3 cent stamps.

You definitely paid some kind of service charge. Even at 63 cents a stamp, 20 would only cost $12.60 from the post office. You pay for the convenience.

Rhonda K 01-05-2023 04:32 AM

Yes, there was an added charge for those stamps. I buy them at the post office or grocery store without the extra fee. I like to buy the pretty stamps in sheets and save them in a book for DGSon.

Quiltwoman44 01-05-2023 05:29 AM

UPS store. I will never do that again though. Live and learn.

Snooze2978 01-05-2023 06:06 AM

As I buy a lot of stamps during the year, I've noticed the price of stamps jumped up twice last year and now they're going to jump up again. With these price increases, I expect to get better service than I've been getting lately. Just last week I caught my mailperson climbing onto my proch from the side thru my flower beds instead of using the stairs. I moved my metal bench to that side of the porch plus left a not so nasty note asking them to please use the stairs. As it is, they don't bother using the sidewalks but walk across everyone's lawn all year long.

Most times their service especially for packages are top notch but occasionally they slip. Hope that was just a one time thing.

Onebyone 01-05-2023 07:55 AM

I went to mail a softsided book yesterday. I bought a mailer package at walmart. The employee at PO said it will be $9.99. I said Really? He said the mailer was over the limit in size. Ugh I said that's too much to mail a book. He said oh it's a book? I can send it medium rate for $2.99. Ok do that. Their rules are out of control.

Quiltwoman44 01-05-2023 08:53 AM

yep book rates still stand. Always tell them if it is a book.

Onebyone 01-05-2023 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltwoman44 (Post 8583785)
yep book rates still stand. Always tell them if it is a book.

Most employees don't know the rules. One told me the last time I mailed a book I couldn't use the book rate because it was personal mail. ? it was regulation and she couldn't change the rule. She did tape the end of the mailer down so it would be smaller in size but I had to send it non book rate. Now this next employee says Oh I can send that book by medium rate.