Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Using your credit card on line (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/using-your-credit-card-line-t214147.html)

Wanabee Quiltin 02-19-2013 04:53 AM

I buy all the time and have never had a problem yet. I did write down your instructions and will use it the next time I buy something. There is a first time for everyone !! Thanks again for the information.

petlover 02-19-2013 05:00 AM

That is really great information. Thanks QKO.

quiltmom04 02-19-2013 06:10 AM

What do you mean " someone can come behind you?" Do you mean ordering from a kiosk in the store? Because no one would be " behind me" on my own computer.

Normabeth 02-19-2013 07:16 AM

Thanks for this info, recently I had two credit cards used fraudulently from the same credit card company - both times the credit card company called me to see if I made these charges that were out of state and not my normal spending habit. Both cards were cancelled and reissued. Also had my debit card used fraudulently to pay a $999. sprint bill, cancelled the card, but this took me two weeks to get my money back, I check my checking account balance every day and saw this charge pending, I called the bank immedialty, but there was nothing they could do, which suprised me, I thought they could reject a pending charge. Then they kept sending me mail about applying for overdraft protection, I thought, What for? so that more money can be taken out of my account.

petlover 02-19-2013 07:51 AM

I was thinking of someone that had hacked into your computer. I had someone that hacked and was using my computer at night. Something about using it to relay. I never did understand it, but then I am not computer savvy. I was told this by the man that was working on my computer at the time.

luciab 02-19-2013 12:41 PM

Good to know. Thanks for posting.

mjhaess 02-19-2013 05:18 PM

Good info...Thanks for sharing.

katesnanna 02-19-2013 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by NanaCsews2 (Post 5871226)
Tools, options, advanced, network, and clear the cache.
I use ccleaner and it clears all the gunk out for me-history, temp files, cache, etc. etc. I run it after I purchase online, and when I am shutting down the computer. It is free from filehippo.com.

And, I don't just do this when using cc or closing out computer, I use it after I go online and check our paychecks or make changes to our benefits through my DH's work website. You never know.

Thank you for this info. I hadn't found how to do this in Windows7.

Peckish 02-19-2013 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by QKO (Post 5871287)
Any small online merchant with any brains will refuse to store customers' financial information on their systems. Under no circumstances should the merchant be storing your cc numbers in a file, etc.

Storing credit card numbers is illegal in my state. If I go to a quilt show and purchase something from a vendor, they HAVE to run my credit card right then and there.

I have a friend who just went through some training so her business can accept credit cards. She learned that the most common form of credit card theft was not via Internet usage, but from dishonest employees at restaurants and gas stations. Moral of that story - pay cash instead, I guess.

Pollytink 02-19-2013 10:57 PM

Thanks, Cindy, great info to save! I have my cc saved on Amazon but think I will remove it. I did have a problem with my account after one purchase there and was spooked for awhile but have been ok since.