Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Vacation Bible School - Babylon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/vacation-bible-school-babylon-t184023.html)

jbud2 03-26-2012 05:23 AM

Vacation Bible School - Babylon

I don't think I ever saw my request here on the Quilting Board but I thought, they can solve everything else, I bet they can help me!! Our Bible School is using the Group curriculum Babylon. The kids will learning about Daniel and his life and trials. The ages of the children will range from 2 years up to 12 years old. I am the craft's lady. I try to get good stuff cheap the kids will enjoy doing and not be coloring all the time. And you can see the range will be from easy to bit harder. LOL!! I've been online and got few ideas (lion face mask) OTC for kits(they have gone a bit!!) and stuff I remember doing when I was a kid so long ago. Have any of you used this curriculum and have any craft ideas?
Thanks for your thoughts and info! Judy

Helovesme 03-26-2012 11:58 AM

I am not familiar with the curriculum being used. Could you maybe round up some craft supplies to build the statue in Nebuchadnezzar's dream that Daniel interpreted? The one with the gold, silver, bronze, iron and clay? You could maybe use that statue idea in a "paperdoll or cardboard form" for the younger kids, having to glue the craft supplies to the form and for the older kids have them use the supplies to actually build a statue? Trying to think outside the box - I teach the 4 and 5 year olds at my church and they are just getting used to using scissors!

quiltingcath 03-26-2012 04:45 PM

check with the leader of VBS, our kit came with a book that had a craft guide book with it it gave us some ideas and then we picked which ones we wanted to do. We also made up a list and asked the congreation for items need for the crafts so that cut down in expences. I wish you luck!! I am sure what ever you do the children will love it.

jbud2 03-27-2012 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcath (Post 5092819)
check with the leader of VBS, our kit came with a book that had a craft guide book with it it gave us some ideas and then we picked which ones we wanted to do. We also made up a list and asked the congreation for items need for the crafts so that cut down in expences. I wish you luck!! I am sure what ever you do the children will love it.

I didn't see a craft book with the list of supplies with this material. THe group leader did order/purchase the 'kit' so I will check and see if there was a book with it. Thanks!

Dodie 03-28-2012 05:03 AM

I use to do childrens church and found they really learn with activities so when I was teaching Bible verses I used the big blocks at church to make a den then when they came out have them say the Bible verse also used the game london bridge tried to find activities for learning as very hard to keep little sitting for 1 hour and being interested in learning hope your craft book is full of ideas I also used cheerios and yarn for them to make necklaces just check with parents about allergies