Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Valentine Gifts--who got sewing gifts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/valentine-gifts-who-got-sewing-gifts-t294853.html)

lynnie 02-16-2018 08:20 PM

Valentine Gifts--who got sewing gifts

who got sewing gifts?
I got a gift card for $25. May 1st, i'm starting a storm at sea quilt.

Teen 02-16-2018 08:32 PM

Oooh...nice gift! No sewing gifts but my DH still spoiled me with flowers and candy (which he is eating most of). I had to look up that pattern. Wow! That looks challenging. What colors are you planning? I favor the color wheel but that blue and deep purple one I saw is stunning and really looks like a storm at sea.

quiltingcandy 02-16-2018 09:20 PM

After 44 years of marriage we just do cards and go out to dinner before or after the 14th. (This year my DH did give me a little M&M heart with peanut M&M's in it. He loves to separate M&M's before he eats them - so he thought it was so cool to have them already separated. I did go to Joann's on the 14th to look for a White on White with hearts - could not find the fabric anywhere on line so thought maybe - just maybe Joann's might have it.

Mariposa 02-16-2018 09:28 PM

I got a couple of Bonnie Hunter's books from my hubby! :) He had a little coaching of course!

Innov8R 02-17-2018 04:43 AM

My DH bought a beautiful sewing basket that I can use by my TV chair in the family room. It's roomy enough to hold everything I need for my applique handwork.

lindaschipper 02-17-2018 04:46 AM

We celebrate my oldest son's birthday, Valentines Day, my birthday, wedding anniversary, and my husbands birthday all in February. I explained to my husband that while I love his romantic gesture of two dozen roses for Valentines Day that I would rather have something that last for years. This year he bought be a new Janome 1600P to quilt with. I told him there is now nothing I need or want for my birthday or anniversary. He was happy with that!! Love that man :)

Chris Denno 02-17-2018 04:50 AM

I didn't get any, but I sent my friend a little package of my favorite quilt notions; a Purple Thang, a measuring gauge ( a little square aluminum item with 1/4" to 1 3/8" sections around it), a pink pin that said "Sew Sweet" in a heart and a spool of cream Aurifil #50. Each item was wrapped in red tissue paper and there was a small bag of chocolate hearts and candy kisses.

Wanabee Quiltin 02-17-2018 08:25 AM

No sewing things but we decided to buy something for both of us that we would enjoy.

Bueniebabe 02-17-2018 09:21 AM

My husband took me out for breakfast and for supper on the same day!

lynnie 02-17-2018 09:52 AM

so glad to hear a lot of you got sewing gifts. I found out my dh has a store next to him that sells gift cards. joanns! so he can run over any time he wants to buy me something.