Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Very Clever Commercials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/very-clever-commercials-t245730.html)

coopah 04-26-2014 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by donnamcr (Post 6691411)
I hate the Progressive Insurance commercials also. But I did love the eTrade commercials with the baby. I understand these are being discontinued.

I'm with all the not liking Progressive ads people. The worst is the one where she's standing with the robot and says "beep bop boop, " or some other nonsense. I can't believe someone gets paid for such stupidity.

The eTrades are also my favorite...especially the one with, "Nobody knows the trouble I've seen." The point of eTrade ads (supposedly) was that they were easy enough for a baby to do. They believe that objective has been achieved, so on they go to other ads. Bet they won't be as effective.

Edie 04-26-2014 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by CookyIN (Post 6691549)
Oh yes, I remember that Dr. Pepper commercial. I'm not crazy for sodas but do enjoy the unique taste of Dr. Pepper.

Remember the song? I'm a Pepper, he's a Pepper, she's a Pepper...

Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too? Edie

quiltmom04 04-26-2014 06:14 AM

I particularly hate hometown commercials advertising something and the business owner uses his kids or grand kids to say "My dad is the best (whatever).," or "Get your house insurance from my granddad ". I'm sure they want everyone to see their children, but I would not buy their product based on that advertising choice.

mermaid 04-26-2014 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by carolynjo (Post 6691597)
Well, I have to say, I hate the commercials, too, but the guy who drops to his knees is absolutely out of air because he was trying to hold the note until Flo turned the mike off.

WHY? Does that somehow relate to auto insurance? And Flo floating in the air--? I didn't get that one either. I don't try anymore, I just hit a 'surf' button.

mermaid 04-26-2014 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04 (Post 6691869)
I particularly hate hometown commercials advertising something and the business owner uses his kids or grand kids to say "My dad is the best (whatever).," or "Get your house insurance from my granddad ". I'm sure they want everyone to see their children, but I would not buy their product based on that advertising choice.

Don't they get to give the kid money and use it as an expense/tax write-off? All the while dreaming of the kid becoming a ''star'' from the exposure. Oh yeah! We have tons of those in our area.

Oistin 04-26-2014 06:34 AM

My favorite commercials are the TD Bank commercials !!! Love them ! I would bank with them anytime because of their hours .

Dodee 04-26-2014 06:41 AM

I don't mind the Progressive ads; in fact, some sort of grow on you.
I do enjoy the Geico ones with the little lizard. He's soooo cute.

Dodee

Stitchit123 04-26-2014 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04 (Post 6691869)

Of all the commercials on TV these are the worst. There is a local car dealer who uses his twin daughters who look like they are only 10 yrs old and the way they are dressed and made up they look like hookers in training. My Dad has been out car shopping -my brother took him to that lot and he found the car he wanted and at a price he could afford. But as soon as the owner came out to talk to him, Dad recognized him and told the guy No Sale and told him how disgusting his commercials are and left the lot. I am so proud of him. : )

JanieH 04-26-2014 08:55 AM

The commercials I tend to listen to are the funny ones.

And I especially love the Hershey Kisses ones - I will listen to them year after year - love those kisses!

mandyrose 04-26-2014 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Oistin (Post 6691895)
My favorite commercials are the TD Bank commercials !!! Love them ! I would bank with them anytime because of their hours .

Oistin is that the commercial where the mother and her little girl is holding her piggy bank and wants to buy a doll house and they are talking to a recorder message about mortgage loans..........that one is cute and so true