Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Very cool Family story now I have to make 5 new quilts!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/very-cool-family-story-now-i-have-make-5-new-quilts-t71902.html)

wolfkitty 10-23-2010 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by quilting cat
Bless you all! Make yourselves a small project, too, with a bit of each of the five quilts in it?

That's a neat idea!

trisha 10-23-2010 07:55 PM

It is very heartwarming to hear about families getting back together after many years apart. I have had similar experiences and know that as the years go on it gets harder and harder to get back together. My uncle has not talked to my mother in thirty years. Both are in there 80's and it was a complete misunderstanding and breakdown in communication that seperated them. Now it is too late...Mom is in a nursing home and doesn't even remember she has a brother let alone a daughter or husband. How sad!!! But very happy for you and yours!!!! You will enjoy making all those lovely quilts!!!

debbieumphress 10-23-2010 07:58 PM

Quiltforme. Wonderful story and so glad you are having a happy family reunion. More quilts to share.

Quiltforme 10-23-2010 08:31 PM

Now I know why I bought so many quilt kits from ebay!!! They will have a new home mixed in with some of my stash. I tried to explain to my husband why I needed to purchase new fabric he said I needed to shop my stash I said honey it is like cooking you buy the staples but you need to buy that one ingrediant to make the meal a dinner!! Let's just say he didn't have much to say after that!! I WIN!!

C.Cal Quilt Girl 10-24-2010 12:19 AM

Glad this is working out for you and DH have seen this when people come back together and is always nice to see :) not that boundries aren't good!! Also when they have lost out on each other because of the old hurts, sounds like you have turned to a good, new page in the family book.

SueDor 10-24-2010 05:06 AM

Well, you better get busy. Love the story and I am glad things have worked out. I can't imagine not talking to my brother.

GABBYABBY 10-24-2010 07:40 AM

Prayers do work.

quiltaroni 10-24-2010 07:52 AM

Family is great I agree but the VERY BEST is family who are
friends too.

purplefiend 10-24-2010 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by SueDor
Well, you better get busy. Love the story and I am glad things have worked out. I can't imagine not talking to my brother.

My youngest brother hasn't spoken to me since our Mother
died in 1999.
I still haven't figured out why. I miss him terribly, I emailed him recently ; but he has chosen to ignore me. I'm so sad. :cry: :cry:

May in Jersey 10-25-2010 05:03 AM

"My youngest brother hasn't spoken to me since our Mother
died in 1999.
I still haven't figured out why. I miss him terribly, I emailed him recently ; but he has chosen to ignore me. I'm so sad. "

As you can see from Jade's story there is always hope in the future. Most of us have family members who won't talk to each other, usually over something most of the rest of the family can't understand. Sometimes you just have to wait until the other person 'grows up', hopefully before it's too late. May in Jersey