Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   A vet visit today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/vet-visit-today-t132448.html)

Jim's Gem 06-22-2011 09:42 PM

How scary.

One time we were driving thru Arizona on the interstate and at 80 mph a dog jumped out of the back of the truck driving in front of us. Thankfully for us he jumped toward the center divider which was dirt but he rolled and rolled and rolled. They stopped, but I am sure that that dog did not survive the jump. We are very careful when we travel with the dogs.

janedee 06-22-2011 10:02 PM

I hate seeing dogs hanging out of car windows - so dangerous and not good for the dog as it can cause problems with eyes and ears - my little pooch has her own seat belt/harness in the boot of the car so she is always safe

Chasing Hawk 06-22-2011 10:21 PM

Nice to see we are not the only ones who secure their dogs.

Bella is doing better, she ate dinner with no problems. She isn't thrilled to see me coming near her with a washcloth...lol
I guess she is tired of me messing with her wound.

Painiacs 06-22-2011 10:40 PM

I didn't know u had seatbelts for them! I've seen the seats. I just trained my dog to lie down in the back seat. Where do u buy seatbelts??

sheilainoz 06-23-2011 01:45 AM

its illegal to have a dog travelling in the back of a ute that isnt tethered.... and in the back seat it makes sense to clip them in ... wouldnt your do the same for your human babies ?

DebsShelties 06-23-2011 01:51 AM

My vet comes to the house as it is a bit much trying to do all 4 animals at once. Even when I go out shopping, they stay home in the house where they are safe.

blondeslave 06-23-2011 01:56 AM

I have 4 bassets. I go to a lot of rescue events and will always take 2-3 hounds with me. The best investment I ever made was travel harnesses with seat belt tethers. Not only are they safer but they can no longer surge towards the door when we arrive somewhere. They have to wait until I take them out of the harness.

Just-Lee 06-23-2011 02:39 AM

OMG! How awful for that poor thing! Here in KY, you constantly see dogs on the back of flatbed work trucks. It wrecks me and I try to avoid being behind them, or even seeing them for that matter :cry:

Gabs 06-23-2011 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by DebsShelties
My vet comes to the house as it is a bit much trying to do all 4 animals at once. Even when I go out shopping, they stay home in the house where they are safe.

I feel the same way about my furbabies. So upset my Sugarbear, a little westie, has to have knee surgery next week.

feline fanatic 06-23-2011 07:27 AM

My dog does not like to have the wind in her face! I have a Subaru outback and a dog cage for the back part. When she rides in the truck she just curls up in the extended cab back seat and goes to sleep. She was never one for sticking her head out the window which I always thought was weird for a dog to not want to do that. I also cringe when I see untethered dogs riding in the back of a pickup and now I will cringe when I see a dog in a car that is hanging out the window wondering if it has been secured. The cats only ride in a carrier.