Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Victims of the recent tornados (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/victims-recent-tornados-t181469.html)

EllieGirl 03-05-2012 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer (Post 5032978)
Horrible tragedy in Pekin Indiana. Mobile home park was hit. One whole family were lost. The parents, a 2 month old baby and their 3 yr. son. Their 20 month old daughter was found in a field 10 miles away. She was rushed to a hospital in Louisville, I heard on the news this morning that she did'nt make it either. Her name was Angel. My thoughts and prayers are with this family and all those affected by these terrible storms.

Where in southern Indiana are you? I live in Louisville so this has constantly been on the news. I have grandchildren ages 4, 15 months, 11 months and 4 months. I cannot imagine the pain the families of this young couple are going through. It would be utterly devastating to lose that many.

QUILTNMO 03-05-2012 11:58 AM

sure hope they are safe my prayers to everyone

Pam Riggs 03-05-2012 12:29 PM

One of the tornadoes in KY went right beside my son's school. Thank God they were safe. Good job to the teachers and staff at Larue High and Middle School and Abraham Lincoln Elementary School. Also, prayers are being sent to Henryville Indiana who lost their town. This is just a few miles from my sister's house.

Tink's Mom 03-05-2012 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 (Post 5032856)
I think we need a roll call for all those in the tornados path! I hope everyone is safe.

Good idea!!! I personally can't think of anyone that I know well from these areas, but I'm sure that we have many members in the areas.

Ileen 03-05-2012 09:09 PM

My Prayers are with all of them!!!!!

Janis 03-06-2012 07:42 AM

As for the victims of the tornadoes in southern Indiana, our local TV stations were pairing up with the Red Cross and the Salvation Army, and maybe other groups to collect money. One extended their news programs last night to three hours reporting and also collecting money for the relief. I know at least one other station that had longer hours of reporting it too.
We were told on the news that they don't need any more clothing at this time, but need the small toiletries and other things like that that they could use in shelters and motels. One station even said, 'they don't need your yard sale leftovers,' implying that they wanted usable items, not just stuff that others want to get rid of. They will need furniture and some of the other house hold things we all have later, but the places that they are distributing things out of don't want those kind of things that will just take up space at this time.
Prayers go out to all of the people that are affected and also the volunteer and other workers there helping them through all of this.