Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   VIEW FROM MY SEWING ROOM after the storm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/view-my-sewing-room-after-storm-t237535.html)

tellabella 12-27-2013 01:43 PM

VIEW FROM MY SEWING ROOM after the storm

1 Attachment(s)
The ice storm in Toronto has been an experience to say the least....

We had no power for 3 days...this is the view from my sewing room windows ...I am hoping my birch tree does not snap ....

KalamaQuilts 12-27-2013 02:03 PM

The longest we were without power was 4 days during an ice storm
Our neighbor had a wood stove to cook on and made a huge pot of chili...
in the low light she put cinnamon in instead of chili power. We were happy to get Anything warm, but have teased her ever since.

Really makes you appreciate how good we have it! Do you have a treadle or hand crank? Wonder for these type of inforced hermithood :)

erstan947 12-27-2013 02:56 PM

Beautiful to look at from a warm cozy home:)

Jingle 12-27-2013 02:57 PM

It is amazing that there is always beauty after storms. We haven't had an ice storm for a couple of years. I hope we are skipped this year. Sorry for the damage some probably got and the no power is a pain. We have a wood burning stove also, being warm is important. We bought a generator also, only used it a few times for a short while. Having lights and refrigerators running is great too.

richardswife 12-27-2013 05:43 PM

I have endured/enjoyed (depending on what age I was at the time) ice storms since I was a young child here in north central TX. We will have one every few years. When I was younger things would look like your photo with power lines down and trees split with limbs broken We just had one a few weeks ago but all it was, was 5" of glazed ice on the roads and ground and roofs Trees and such were okay. But it took about a week before it was safe to try to drive on it.

Chasing Hawk 12-27-2013 06:03 PM

What a beautiful picture.

Would you mind terribly if I saved your photo?

I absolutely love pictures of trees. Especially ones free of leaves in the dead of winter. Something about them that is just so peaceful.

callen 12-28-2013 06:20 AM

So ironic that such a beautiful sight is from such a terrible storm. I was born & raised in southern Ontario but have been living in our beautiful Northern part of the province for many years. Have been watching Global TV & seeing the devastation & as of last nite (Dec. 27) there are still going to be homes without power for several more days. We are content with all the snow & cold temperatures we get & you can keep your ice storm. Hopefully, things will improve sooner rather than later.

mighty 12-28-2013 07:00 AM

Looks so beautiful! Sure hope weather improves for you very soon!

mjhaess 12-28-2013 07:41 AM

I was in Buffalo NY for ten days. We lost power for two days. We were very blessed to have a generator and a wood stove. I am happy to be back in Charleston SC......

helenhiwater 12-28-2013 07:46 AM

Power outages can be terrible because of no heat, and in our case, no water from the well. Thank goodness the the last serious one we had was in spring due to high winds for three days. No problem with heat but we had to steal water from the fish pond to flush toilets.