Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The view outside my window...and yours? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/view-outside-my-window-yours-t315874.html)

Julienm1 07-15-2021 02:35 PM

The view outside my window...and yours?

My window is in front of my sewing table. And my view is the front yard with a hummingbird feeder and bird seeds on the sidewalk. So calming.

Iceblossom 07-15-2021 02:52 PM

While I am sitting down, mostly I see the top of my hydrangea bush. It got a bit burned in the heat this year but next year it should be glorious. Still, I can see the blue flower heads and green leaves and it all looks good from my side of the window.

My neighborhood is in a period of growth and change. We were undiscovered for so long, but now that the Seahawk facility is just down the hill, prices have gone up!

Across the street from me, the land rises a bit and they are rebuilding an existing house into a super-sized house! They took most of the old house down pretty carefully (basically just leaving the garage), the roof trusses were made from old growth beams and saved. A larger foundation was poured and it has probably gone from about 2k sf to 5-6.5 sf. This house below/left to it was rebuilt in a similar manner for a nursing home. In our area I believe you can have under 10 patients and be in a residential rated neighborhood. Don't know if that is what it will be but certainly enough for that, or a multi-generational or other wise large family.

There is another large lot to the right of that house. Then the next lot over had a 2-story house -- that one was bulldozed down in a single work day, with nothing but a flat straw covered lot at the end of the day. Three nicer house will be built there, that's actually better for me than the 5 or so zero lot houses they could put in.

tallchick 07-15-2021 02:53 PM

Your view sounds much better and far more inviting than mine! My sewing studio is in the finished family room in the basement, I have 2, 36x36 windows, and the view from each is into a window well. I’ve seen voles and cats in there and the occasional bird. Several times a year I must get down and clean out the debris to keep the drains clear. My project next year is to get covers over the window wells and plant a terrarium in each so at least I have something pretty to look at, perhaps Fairy Garden.

Jingle 07-15-2021 03:46 PM

I sit in my sewing room with my back to the window. When standing at the cutting table I an able to see an open (roof, something like a carport. A bunch of trees and grass I need to cut.

Stitchnripper 07-15-2021 03:46 PM

I finally got my own sewing room when we moved here the end of 2015. I have a small upstairs bedroom that looks out on a green belt. So I see tops of trees. I love it.

Tartan 07-15-2021 05:24 PM

I have windows in my sewing room but they are higher up rather then eye level when I am sitting down.

mrs. fitz 07-15-2021 06:27 PM

I wish I knew how to post pictures but many of you have seen the view from my window. I'm in a high-rise on the Palisades - cliffs coming up from the Hudson River - and my view is the river and the New York City skyline with the Empire State Building directly across from our building. Right now the night lights are on and its absolutely beautiful. I never get tired of looking at it.

Blueridgebeverly 07-15-2021 06:45 PM

My sewing room is on our second floor. It looks over a corner of our neighbors yard. I enjoy watching their dogs and kids running and playing.

Chasing Hawk 07-15-2021 07:04 PM

I have a window that looks out over my backyard. Its a weird thing for me, I don't like working in front of a window. I keep thinking someone is peeking in on me..lol My sewing machine table is built in to what was the closet and when I look up I see photos of my grandkids and family. Makes me smile every time.

Onebyone 07-15-2021 07:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looking out to my backyard creek