Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Viking Designer 1 question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/viking-designer-1-question-t266005.html)

mommessy 06-04-2015 08:07 AM

Viking Designer 1 question

I need help with my Designer 1 embroidery machine. I'm trying to learn how to make embroidery appliques. Do I need patterns made just for this machine or could I convert something I find on line to SHV format and be able to do the applique process? I want to do the first tack down outline stitch around design, add applique fabric on top, then do cut-away stitch, take out of machine and cut away fabric along stitching line of shape, put back in machine and then do satin stitch around shape. What buttons do I push to do this?

Hope I'm not confusing you all! I just need some help!

quilterlaurie 06-05-2015 02:38 AM

You can convert any pattern to SHV if you have the software---when buying designs you can also request your format

dms 06-05-2015 05:58 AM

Yes, you do need the software to transfer the designs to a thumb drive to put in your machine. There is a learning curve, so maybe you can find someone to help you get started.

kellen46 06-05-2015 07:39 AM

Try looking for answers on the www.sewingmastery.com website. They have lots and lots of videos on all kinds of Viking machines. I am sure they can help with an answer.

maryfrang 06-05-2015 08:42 AM

Does the Designer ! have a thumb drive or a "D" card. I thought they had a "D" card, then you will need a blank card and a card reader to put the designs to the machine. Hope you get it to work.

MarleneC 06-05-2015 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by maryfrang (Post 7217582)
Does the Designer ! have a thumb drive or a "D" card. I thought they had a "D" card, then you will need a blank card and a card reader to put the designs to the machine. Hope you get it to work.

Designer 1's use a floppy disk unless the machine has been converted to use the USB stick.

Barbara Lee 06-05-2015 02:57 PM

Designer 1

Originally Posted by MarleneC (Post 7217624)
Designer 1's use a floppy disk unless the machine has been converted to use the USB stick.

I have a Designer 1, can they now be converted to a USB?

petpainter 06-06-2015 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Barbara Lee (Post 7217884)
I have a Designer 1, can they now be converted to a USB?

Yes they can Barbara, it's about $500 though. That's how much the machine is going for now! They are wonderful for just sewing, too. I have a Diamond, also, but still love my Designer 1.

ohstr 06-06-2015 05:22 AM

If you are thinking of software for the Husqvarna embroidery machine...take a look at Enbrillance Essentials. I bought it and this program has been able to do anything that I need - compared to the very pricey Husqvarna software it is wonderful!!!