Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   visited my local quilt shop (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/visited-my-local-quilt-shop-t137648.html)

chairjogger 07-14-2011 02:37 PM

OK... not much personality. but did get a few questions answered.. and.. my fabric needs were too retro.. :(

still have a few purchases for dolly days and very disappointed.

thank you all for your encouragement ! still working on the finished product.

A very disappointing trip to my LQS. . Lots of arrangements to get there too.
<sign>

quilt addict 07-14-2011 02:41 PM

I am sorry that your LQS did not have what you wanted. They stock what they think will sell with their customers. You made a contact and found a resource for information. Maybe next time will be more productive as you have an idea of what they carry.

chairjogger 07-14-2011 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
I am sorry that your LQS did not have what you wanted. They stock what they think will sell with their customers. You made a contact and found a resource for information. Maybe next time will be more productive as you have an idea of what they carry.

Great reply there ! thanks ! yes, that is so true !

Ell

aliaslaceygreen 07-14-2011 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by chairjogger

Originally Posted by quilt addict

Great reply there ! thanks ! yes, that is so true !

Ell

Absolutely! The shops in my area cater to the customers they have. I know the one I prefer, because she has the same eye and taste as I, and she lets the other stores carry a totally different selection of products....more choices for everyone!

ontheriver 07-14-2011 03:15 PM

I wish I had a LQS. 50 min. drive one way for me to buy fabric. Thank goodness for connecting threads and fabric. com.

chairjogger 07-14-2011 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by ontheriver
I wish I had a LQS. 50 min. drive one way for me to buy fabric. Thank goodness for connecting threads and fabric. com.

I do a lot online shopping ! a non-driver.. and happy to have UPS ! ha ha

Ell

aliaslaceygreen 07-14-2011 03:58 PM

Actually, my preferred LQS is about that distance...

kwendt 07-14-2011 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by aliaslaceygreen

Actually, my preferred LQS is about that distance...

LOL... my preferred LQS is in Maine... and I live in FLORIDA. No joke. I only visit my home state of Maine once every 2 years or so. You KNOW I hit that LQS! (I'm on their emailing list, and I email them back with purchases, which they hold for me or mail down to me.). More $ that way, but worth it to me to support my favorite LQS.