Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Waiting for the Bluebirds!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/waiting-bluebirds-t104287.html)

CarrieAnne 03-02-2011 05:47 AM

Last year I saw my first bluebird March 10....it was snowing and the poor thing was at my feeder. Hoping to see one any day now, lol!
Still havent seen a robin in South Central Wis yet!

LeeAnn 03-02-2011 05:49 AM

Bluebirds are my favorite. I have boxes and wait on them every year.

cjomomma 03-02-2011 05:51 AM

We have them already. I heard a screeching out back and that's when I knew they were here. I love birds.

CarrieAnne 03-02-2011 05:52 AM

Aw, lucky you, Carrie!
LeeAnn, I few years ago I begged my Dad to make me some houses! He is a builder, so I knew hecould handle some BB homes. Got 6 for my Bday!

Cyn 03-02-2011 05:56 AM

I put out meal worms for my bluebirds. They love them! It's a big treat because I don't go to the store too often and buy worms! for birds :) We have buds on dogwoods, blooms on bartlett pear trees and cherry trees. The buttercups are up and in bloom too. Spring is in the air. It was 80 degrees one day last week although it is back in the 30's at night but this is how the season CHANGES- Yea :)

CarrieAnne 03-02-2011 06:01 AM

Cyn, me too!!!!! True story....I am terrified of worms. Hate them so much, but I buy them for the bluebirds, and make BF and the kids put them in the little feeder for me!

suezquilts 03-02-2011 06:38 AM

we had 2 here last week! Then it snowed.

Connie in CO 03-02-2011 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Cyn
I put out meal worms for my bluebirds. They love them! It's a big treat because I don't go to the store too often and buy worms! for birds :) We have buds on dogwoods, blooms on bartlett pear trees and cherry trees. The buttercups are up and in bloom too. Spring is in the air. It was 80 degrees one day last week although it is back in the 30's at night but this is how the season CHANGES- Yea :)

Please,please,pictures :-D

kathy 03-02-2011 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Cyn

Cyn, where do you find the worms? we have a pair that has raised 4-5 ????nest of babies, don't know what they're called but want them to stay, also does anybody know how to attract red birds? we tried sunflower seeds but only had onw passerby, I would like for the mocking birds and blue jays to leave tho. LOL :oops: we have oodles of doves, 3-4 different kinds

toomanycats 03-02-2011 07:53 AM

we had a small flock of bluebirds mid February. also a large flock of about thirty robins were here about a week then moved on. trees budding and wildflowers all blooming. then turned cold and snowed several times. false spring.