Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Wal Mart and the Fabric Department (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/wal-mart-fabric-department-t140114.html)

dljennings 07-26-2011 02:27 PM

went to a walmart supercenter...been open less than a year.. they are clearaning all the stuff there (2 yd cuts etc) and have the tables set up for fabric bolts... yea!!

they had a 24x36 cutting mat, which i desperately needed..clearance $15.00!! double yea!

i usually go right past this walmart, then past my house to go to a different walmart, because i know where everything is @ that one.... but i think that's about to change!!

how long can it take, really to learn where stuff is in the new one? i already know where the good stuff is.. and if you buy it with groceries... doesn't it come out of the grocery budget?

luvstoquilt 07-26-2011 02:43 PM

No fabric here yet..at least not in Plano or Oswego! I keep checking...

ainoko 07-26-2011 03:19 PM

Wait a little bit. The kid at Wal-Mart told me that they were innundated with e-mails when they decided to go out of the fabric business.

sewmom 07-26-2011 03:24 PM

The Walmart in Cheboygan had removed their fabric and only had precuts. Last week I was in there and they had a whole large aisle, a few bolts of fabric and a cutting table. So that means the fabric is coming back. There is only one quilt store in Cheboygan, so now there will be two. Our WM in Midland never lost theirs, they haven't remodeled the store yet.

Robinmg 07-26-2011 03:34 PM

If you watch what you buy you can get some really nice material from WalMart. I have also found that you need to also watch what you buy at JoAnn's. Don't buy from my LQS as I can't afford that. I ordered from Fabric.com and got some nice fabric for $3 a yard cheaper than the LQS.

delores wright 07-26-2011 04:10 PM

welllll they didn't take out the fabric dept. at my nearest wally world But they (rearainged)it it just sucks now.they put a lot of fabric on 3 shelves and unless you'er6ft tall. and they also reduced the amount of fabric.Took out all the thread and patterns except for a few of each.Also cut down the amout of notions too.I am so upset i am about ready to look for another store to grocery shop in. Also the pharamcy doesn't seem to stock items well since the redo of the whoe store.T last 5 or6 prescriptions i've had refilled for myself or my husband they only had partials and had to make 2nd trip to get the rest.djw

delores wright 07-26-2011 04:11 PM

welllll they didn't take out the fabric dept. at my nearest wally world But they (rearainged)it it just sucks now.they put a lot of fabric on 3 shelves and unless you'er6ft tall. and they also reduced the amount of fabric.Took out all the thread and patterns except for a few of each.Also cut down the amout of notions too.I am so upset i am about ready to look for another store to grocery shop in. Also the pharamcy doesn't seem to stock items well since the redo of the whoe store.T last 5 or6 prescriptions i've had refilled for myself or my husband they only had partials and had to make 2nd trip to get the rest.djw

berrypatch 07-26-2011 06:10 PM

Can't wait - nothing here so far at Wal-Mart. :cry: :roll:

collady 07-26-2011 06:12 PM

I had hoped my WM would have its fabric dept. back when I returned from my 2 week trip. It isn't back yet, but all the precuts are on sale and most are gone. Which I take to be a good sign that it shall return soon!

drella123 07-26-2011 07:19 PM

I am so bummed, our Walmart here is American Canyon is not going to have a fabric department