Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Warning about the mail and your packages... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/warning-about-mail-your-packages-t59310.html)

sewnsewer2 08-13-2010 07:54 PM

Today I recieved a firmy that was empty! Someone in the mail system had opened up the box, took the contents and sent it on it's way to me. :evil:

So please insure and or get a delivery conformation on your packages!

Someone is having a great time with my goodies a dear sweet angel sent me!

mrspete 08-13-2010 07:57 PM

oh how sad. Now that was a sick person to do that. So sorry to hear it. Well the Postman left my box on the porch while we weren't here. It had a delivery confirmation on it but they didn't wait nor turn it back in to be picked at the window. Man, that stink, though. Bless you both, Ruth

dglvr 08-13-2010 07:59 PM

Ohhhhhh sorry that happened. I hate sending stuff anymore.
Specially sentamental stuff. Scary. :thumbdown:

cjomomma 08-13-2010 08:06 PM

I worry when I send something too. I tape and tape and tape ain't no one getting in to it without ripping it apart. I'm sorry this happened to you. Some ppl have no shame.

sueisallaboutquilts 08-13-2010 08:06 PM

Awww, what a bummer. I always get delivery confirmation. It's free ( I ship everything with online postage).
Sorry that happened to you.

sewnsewer2 08-13-2010 08:17 PM

I know, and after she was thoughtfull enough to surprise me and went to all the expense and trouble, some jerk took it! :evil:

stefanib123 08-13-2010 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I worry when I send something too. I tape and tape and tape ain't no one getting in to it without ripping it apart. I'm sorry this happened to you. Some ppl have no shame.

I use a ton of tape also, for this reason.

My sister is a mail carrier, and she says the machines rip them up a lot more than you'd think. There is always a package that goes sideways or something and screws it up for the next few packages until they catch it. And sometimes they don't.

Was it torn up to where the carrier should have seen it was empty? It's odd that he/she didn't notice it.

I've had packages come in a clear ziplock type bag with my original package destoyed, but everything was there.

stefanib123 08-13-2010 08:19 PM

Ooops! Double post!

sharon b 08-13-2010 08:26 PM

Meanies !!!!

sewnsewer2 08-13-2010 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by stefanib123

Originally Posted by cjomomma

I use a ton of tape also, for this reason.

My sister is a mail carrier, and she says the machines rip them up a lot more than you'd think. There is always a package that goes sideways or something and screws it up for the next few packages until they catch it. And sometimes they don't.

Was it torn up to where the carrier should have seen it was empty? It's odd that he/she didn't notice it.

I've had packages come in a clear ziplock type bag with my original package destoyed, but everything was there.

No, no more than normal, the corners are a little bent is all.