Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   WARNING! Anyone who has amandasgramma in their address book. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/warning-anyone-who-has-amandasgramma-their-address-book-t55475.html)

amandasgramma 07-20-2010 06:32 PM

I've e-mailed a couple of you in the last day...do NOT open anything from my emails :"deeshultz50 or Ontheroadagain"....Something has compromised my computer and it won't let me into my own e-mails....I'm sorry if this causes problems for any of you. And if I ever find the guys that do this............ :hunf:

BlueChicken 07-20-2010 06:35 PM

I hope you don't mind, I've made your title a little bit more relevant to make sure the people who need to know see it.

Good luck with getting it sorted.

Ducky 07-20-2010 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
I hope you don't mind, I've made your title a little bit more relevant to make sure the people who need to know see it.

How in the world did you do that?????

DebraK 07-20-2010 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ducky

Originally Posted by BlueChicken

How in the world did you do that?????

She's a mod.

cjomomma 07-20-2010 07:06 PM

I am so sorry to hear that. Ppl who do things like this should be ashamed of themselves.

littlehud 07-20-2010 07:20 PM

You bet it does. It makes me come here for hours everyday. It's not my fault. It's the virus. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rhonda 07-20-2010 07:28 PM

I have been on here for a year and a half and I have never had a problem from here.

Rhonda 07-20-2010 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I am so sorry to hear that. Ppl who do things like this should be ashamed of themselves.

LOL At first I thought you were responding the to the She's a mod! comment with your first line of I am so sorry! LOL

beachlady 07-20-2010 07:31 PM

We had one of our 3 computers get a virus and it is costing us lots to get it fixed. Of course they also told us that it needs a new hard drive!!! I use his computer a lot as it is down stairs near the kitchen, but I assured him it was not the quilt board that caused the virus. Who knows????

DebraK 07-20-2010 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by beachlady
We had one of our 3 computers get a virus and it is costing us lots to get it fixed. Of course they also told us that it needs a new hard drive!!! I use his computer a lot as it is down stair near the kitchen, but I assured him it was not the quilt board that caused the virus. Who knows????

The board is safe, but you can't be sure about any of the links that people post. Nature of the beast (Internet).

You can protect yourself against virus, antagonists are another story.