Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Watching any series on tv? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/watching-any-series-tv-t277481.html)

Golfergal 04-07-2016 03:58 AM

My husband subscribed to Netflix and loves it! He watches a movie or something almost every night. They have TV series and many more choices you can see also. You pay $7.95 a month and it costs that to go see one movie at the theatre!

Onebyone 04-07-2016 04:50 AM

Better Call Saul. I like Walking Dead too. The plot and characters are fantastic. If you think it's all about zombies, it's not. The only sitcom I like on tv now is The Middle and Last Man Standing. I watch Face Off and Project Runway. Mostly I watch shows and series on Acorn TV which is all BBC tv shows and mini series. It cost $5 month. First month is free and it's monthly or yearly, no contract, cancel at anytime.

tessagin 04-07-2016 05:07 AM

Not much we're interested in anymore. All the same. We watch some reruns of the LAW AND ORDER ( SVU, Criminal Intent, etc. I think we've just about seen all of them. Hate some of the reality shows. NCIS series, Criminal MInds, Beyond Borders is different but already kind of tired of it. I can take or leave a lot of them. If I miss any shows it really does not hurt my feelings.

quiltybarb 04-07-2016 05:38 AM

I discovered last year "A Place to Call Home" and "Doc Marten" on PBS - totally hooked on them both....Also can't wait for "Game of Thrones", Homeland and Ray Donavan,,,,,,

Geri B 04-07-2016 05:42 AM

...yes, on network tv I too like elementary, Madame secretary, good wife-but glad it's ending...getting boring, castle-same here, NCIs, sad tony is leaving, NONE of the 5 minute fame reality shows, the "talent" shows. Watched project runway once...really? Still watch Wheel of Fortune, and Jeopardy.....

fayeberry 04-07-2016 06:37 AM

Call the Midwife, Project Runway All Stars, My 600 Pound Life. Sometimes try to watch Dancing with the Stars, but so sick of all that bedazzled under wear and booty shaking. Waiting for football season!

csknott 04-07-2016 07:44 AM

If you don't have Netflix I certainly would subscribe.
The ones I have enjoyed (I like mysteries ) are CALL THE MIDWIFE, FOYLES WAR, THE KILLING, DOC MARTEN and currently watching MIDSUMMER MURDERS. If you don't like mysteries there is still a lot to choose.

Snooze2978 04-07-2016 11:30 AM

By chance I found one called The Artful Detective based in the late 1800's in Toronto area where the skirts are still long, no foul language or sexual scenes and the detective rides a bike to the scenes and doesn't carry a gun. As I was a CSI in my career its almost funny to me when he comes up with a solution to solve a case using techniques we've been using for years. The series is refreshing and the whole family can watch it. I found it on the Ovation channel for those with cable. Otherwise I'm watching the same ones on PBS as you plus "When Calls the Heart" on the Hallmark channel. The last of this season's shows is this Sunday so will wait to order the set when they come available.

Also been getting involved with the Chicago PD, Fire and hospital series. You see the same characters showing up in each others series from time to time. Sort of like on the NCIS series.

Cotton Mama 04-07-2016 11:51 AM

I just finished The People v OJ Simpson. I expected it to be so good it was bad, but it was actually excellent. I also like The Americans which is about Russian spies in the US in the 80s. The FBI agent is probably my favorite character. There was a recent mini-series of War and Peace from the UK which was terrific. Turn is a wonderful show about spies during the American Revolution.

ManiacQuilter2 04-07-2016 02:15 PM

I enjoy the shows on Nat Geo Wild which brought a new season of Cesar 911, Dr Pol and Bandit Patrol.