Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Water Leak...OH MY!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/water-leak-oh-my-t19769.html)

leona07 05-05-2009 01:01 PM

EEK!!! I just got a call from home, and we have water pouring out of our ceiling into the light socket globe thingy and onto the floor!!! Of course my first response was..WHERE WHERE!!!!!???? not on my sewing cabinet!!?? Not on the tv!!!?? Not on our bed?!! hahahaha of course I first worry about my sewing cabinet, that thing was expensive!!

Nope, the kitchen floor!! (i am sure you can hear by sigh of relief) Although I enjoy cooking, I can live without my kitchen for a few days :lol:

The funny thing is the we live in an apartment and the person above has no water on his floor, no leaks, and no water running. We do have a flat roofed building so I kinda wonder if maybe the water drainage goes into the building and is leaking. We live in Washington, the flat roof was a dumb idea in the first place!!! Anyhow, I doubt it is water pipe issues because they replaced all our old pipes with schmancy copper a year ago.

I sure am thankful that I am not at home having to deal with it!!!

I just had to share my "funny" story.

leona07 05-05-2009 01:02 PM

By the way. We had a huge windy, rain storm last night. And it has been raining today. So I shouldn't be surprised that there is a leak!

quiltwoman 05-05-2009 01:06 PM

Oh no! I sure hope it turns out okay.

amma 05-05-2009 01:30 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your water woes!!! That storm was pretty bad, I hope they get it all fixed up for you before you get home.

leona07 05-05-2009 01:33 PM

I'm not too worried about. I am sure it will all be figured out quickly. Things like this are the very few time that I am thankful that I am not a homeowner and have to be the one to foot the bill for repairs!!

SaraSewing 05-05-2009 01:38 PM

Good attitude - I've never thought a water leak was "funny", so I like you attitude to lighten up - as long as the sewing machine was not affected.

littlehud 05-05-2009 01:52 PM

Love your attitude. Sometimes we just need to stand back an laugh. So glad nothing was wrecked in the mess.

MadQuilter 05-05-2009 02:21 PM

My first thought when I read your intro was: NOOOOO NOT THE SEWING ROOM. Glad to hear your stash is safe even if the bread is soggy.

Shemjo 05-05-2009 02:27 PM

OMG, I would freak out! But then I am a home owner! :?
Good attitude as long and the stash and sewing stuff is okay, EAT OUT! :lol:

leona07 05-05-2009 02:30 PM

I would totally be freaking out if I owned the place!! Or if my stuff was ruined!!

Yeah, it will probably be a pain, but it could be worse. I have more important things to worry about, like my kitty. I would rather have a leaky ceiling than a sick cat!! So I just sit here at my desk at work and laugh imagining what my boyfriend looks like soaking wet and mopping up the kitchen and catching water....just don't tell him I said that!!! :P