Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   We have members who are becoming parents. Maybe we can help. What is your favorite boy and girl names? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/we-have-members-who-becoming-parents-maybe-we-can-help-what-your-favorite-boy-girl-names-t104540.html)

gmaybee 03-03-2011 06:16 AM

girl- Nora
boy-Derrick

Quilter7x 03-03-2011 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Leah Stewart
I need to watch this thread. I just (in a matter of minutes ago) found out I an pregnant.... YAY.. anyways, boy: Odin Eli, girl: Aryan ?

Woohoo, congratulations!!!! A new quilter literally "in the making"! :lol:

adyldrop 03-03-2011 07:00 AM

since we're trying i can't give out what my daughter would be named--it's a secret for now--but a boy baby will be named Anthony Michael Jr after his father....all though my husband thinks all of our kids will be named Anthony. I keep telling him 'NO you are not George Foreman'!! So now he thinks he is "compromising" by saying they will all be named Anthony except for Optimus Prime and Obi One...really?? Delusional psyco!!!!

Julianna 03-03-2011 07:01 AM

Girl - Paige

Boy - Aiden

Johanna Fritz 03-03-2011 07:06 AM

Here are mine: I think you have to make it work with your last name. Mine has one syllable "Fritz" so we wanted names at least two syllables. If you had a long last name, I think it would be the opposite.

Our Boys -- Adam and Jacob. I know there are a lot of Jacobs, but not many Adams.
Girl Name: never got to use :-( Julianna (like "Julie Ahna" Marquilles from ER) or in our case a combo of grandmother and great grandmother names: Julia and Anna.
DH also liked Anya - a Russian friend.

fatquarters 03-03-2011 07:20 AM

I didn't use any of these names and my DDIL sure won't but I really like Mitchell, Elizabeth, and Sawyer, not together though. sometimes you just don't think fast enough when you are pregers, and later say, oh I never thought of that one.
I have to say though, usually a name will grow on you. All my DGKs have very unique names and you had to think about them for a time, but now I love their names.

lindy-2 03-03-2011 07:25 AM

boy-levi
girl- leah
yup i like l names

madamekelly 03-03-2011 09:59 AM

I need to watch this thread. I just (in a matter of minutes ago) found out I an pregnant.... YAY.. anyways, boy: Odin Eli, girl: Aryan ?

Congratulations!

Patchworkmarion 03-03-2011 10:50 AM

Congratulations

ptquilts 03-03-2011 10:56 AM

I like old fashioned names for both boys and girls (Laura, AMy, Emily, and John, David, Paul). Can't stand androgynous names where you have to wonder if it is a boy or a girl (this includes all dead president names such as McKinley, Tyler, Taylor, Madison, etc.) Or any first name that started out as a last name. If it is a family name, Ok, but make it a middle name.
Of course I am stuck with these names on more than half of my GKs so this is the only place I can vent, lol.