Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   We need more Quilting Supplies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/we-need-more-quilting-supplies-t69047.html)

craftybear 10-08-2010 10:22 AM

We need more Quilting Supplies

I was at the automotive store today "Napa" repair shop today to see what was wrong with my car

When I was inside the store, wow, tons of automotive supplies for the guys (us Quilters are being shorted out on supplies) ha ha

amma 10-08-2010 10:27 AM

Yep, we need Quilter's Gadget Shops :D:D:D

Robinlee 10-08-2010 10:34 AM

Crafty Bear,

I have to agree with you, I just don't have enough in my house........My dream is to have a Long-arm machine. My DH just rolls his eyes. And silently I think, ok just you wait buster. He owns a 4000.00 Craftsman riding lawn mower (which I am the one that mows the "north 40" with), 2 snowmobiles (newest one was about $6000.00) a 4-wheeler - $2000.00. I almost could of paid for a long arm with the toys he has. Course his last purchase was a 2010 chevy pickup. Me, I am going to continue driving my 2005 blazer, and hope to purchase my LA after we move by Thanksgiving.
I'll have to make payments.....and as long as my blazer gets me to the nearest LQS, I'll be in heaven.

Vivian Ketron 10-08-2010 11:17 AM

I'm with you. Sounds like a winner.

craftybear 10-08-2010 11:21 AM

I understand,

I would hate to know the value of hubby's tools in his garage and his tool boxes for work.

Tell you hubby for Christmas you want 1 thing (longarm)

Good Luck!

Originally Posted by Robinlee
Crafty Bear,

I have to agree with you, I just don't have enough in my house........My dream is to have a Long-arm machine. My DH just rolls his eyes. And silently I think, ok just you wait buster. He owns a 4000.00 Craftsman riding lawn mower (which I am the one that mows the "north 40" with), 2 snowmobiles (newest one was about $6000.00) a 4-wheeler - $2000.00. I almost could of paid for a long arm with the toys he has. Course his last purchase was a 2010 chevy pickup. Me, I am going to continue driving my 2005 blazer, and hope to purchase my LA after we move by Thanksgiving.
I'll have to make payments.....and as long as my blazer gets me to the nearest LQS, I'll be in heaven.

feline fanatic 10-08-2010 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Robinlee
Crafty Bear,

Almost??! Honey, Just the lawnmower and one snowmobile added together could easily buy you an Innova long arm!

kat112000 10-08-2010 11:58 AM

Tell me about it!! I have a mechanic for a hubby and now we own a parts store!!!!

sewgull 10-08-2010 04:27 PM

Ouilt Supply Store would most likely be more expensive that Parts Store price. Seems like if a woman needs something it will cost more than for a man. Ex. rotary blades