Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   We are quilters, not menders (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/we-quilters-not-menders-t275836.html)

nannyrick 02-18-2016 11:30 AM

That is great,LOL!!!

appleblossom 02-18-2016 12:53 PM

we can use a good laugh and break!

cashs_mom 02-18-2016 02:14 PM

:D:D:D I need to print that out and put it in my sewing room for when my husband wants me to shorten his jeans (I hate shortening jeans)

Sew Freak 02-18-2016 03:12 PM

I have a small actual (?) statue piece of that picture...found it at a garage sale...I love it!

madamekelly 02-18-2016 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by judykay (Post 7469363)
Saved it as wallpaper for my desktop computer. I am always changing it and when I find anything cute pertaining to quilting I save it in word and have it when I decide to change my screen which is often.

One of DD guy friends found out I could sew, and brought me a holey threadbare Tshirt and wanted me to sew leather patches on the holes. I told him "sure, just let me get my magic wand......" Silly non- sewers keep us laughing...

Bren 02-18-2016 10:33 PM

Thanks for the laugh. I friend of ours once brought me something to mend. I said to him "Honey?? That's like asking Michelangelo to paint the barn!" I had a great laugh at the look on his face then very graciously agreed to mend it though. Funny thing--he never asked me to mend anything again!

Feather3 02-18-2016 11:23 PM

LOL cute :). Printing this out & putting it on my sewing room door. Actually I consider myself a "Jill" of all trades & master of none. If I can get it under the needle I can sew it or fix it in some fashion. The ONLY sewing I do by hand is pretty much stitching holes shut in dog toys, LOL. My brother often calls me & says I need this fixed. Never asks can you do it. He recently brought me a soft rifle case that needs a new zipper & lining. Once he brought me a leather tool belt that needed repaired. It was full of wood shavings & dust & had a few nails in the pockets & he had it stapled & duct taped together. Another time he wanted me to make a "boat hide". He bought this camo burlap fabric that was in 3 sections & I can't remember how many yards long, but it was huge. Long story short I got his wife to come sew it on my industrial, as I had other sewing that needed done. NEVER again. Thank goodness my industrial machine is in a different room than my sewing room, as the burlap & the camo coating made a huge mess, that took me 3 hours to clean up later. The oil pan & bobbin area was full of burlap dust. The best is my husband, who often wants some old item of clothing/jacket/etc fixed, that is way beyond ready for the rag bin, fabric areas missing, etc, & says can't you just put a stitch in it??? After he retired he started telling me how to sew!!! This morning he tells me he has 2 pair of jeans that need fixed. He wears them out just above the knee & thigh area & along the pocket edges. Now mind you I can make jeans just like factory made right down to the rivets. So he tells me he wants new fronts on & how to do it. UGHH! As I look back I wish I had kept a journal of all the things I have repaired over the years & how I did it. What a story that would have been, LOL.

#1 AAA quilter 03-07-2016 04:44 AM

Thanks for the laugh.

omaluvs2quilt 03-07-2016 10:36 AM

HAHAHAHA, I just had to share with my hubby!

Originally Posted by Feather3 (Post 7470001)
LOL cute :). Printing this out & putting it on my sewing room door. Actually I consider myself a "Jill" of all trades & master of none. If I can get it under the needle I can sew it or fix it in some fashion. The ONLY sewing I do by hand is pretty much stitching holes shut in dog toys, LOL. My brother often calls me & says I need this fixed. Never asks can you do it. He recently brought me a soft rifle case that needs a new zipper & lining. Once he brought me a leather tool belt that needed repaired. It was full of wood shavings & dust & had a few nails in the pockets & he had it stapled & duct taped together. Another time he wanted me to make a "boat hide". He bought this camo burlap fabric that was in 3 sections & I can't remember how many yards long, but it was huge. Long story short I got his wife to come sew it on my industrial, as I had other sewing that needed done. NEVER again. Thank goodness my industrial machine is in a different room than my sewing room, as the burlap & the camo coating made a huge mess, that took me 3 hours to clean up later. The oil pan & bobbin area was full of burlap dust. The best is my husband, who often wants some old item of clothing/jacket/etc fixed, that is way beyond ready for the rag bin, fabric areas missing, etc, & says can't you just put a stitch in it??? After he retired he started telling me how to sew!!! This morning he tells me he has 2 pair of jeans that need fixed. He wears them out just above the knee & thigh area & along the pocket edges. Now mind you I can make jeans just like factory made right down to the rivets. So he tells me he wants new fronts on & how to do it. UGHH! As I look back I wish I had kept a journal of all the things I have repaired over the years & how I did it. What a story that would have been, LOL.