Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Wedding Vows (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/wedding-vows-t226231.html)

ufoqueen 07-21-2013 07:34 AM

Wedding Vows

Since my husband seems to think that clothing that has been worn a short period of time qualifies as a home decor item, our bedroom is strewn with such items. This I have learned to live with. However, I don't remember when I took my wedding vows 48 years ago, that "smell all clothing, milk, etc. to verify its wearability, drinkablity or eatability" was in the deal. Who wrote the law that wives will smell this stuff? Any thoughts?

ptquilts 07-21-2013 07:48 AM

We also have to find lost objects. "Honey, where is my ______?" You know the ovaries are like a radar device.

Pile all the clothes into the corner and let HIM sort them out. Or throw them ALL in the laundry. Or put them under the covers on HIS side of the bed.

jclinganrey 07-21-2013 08:01 AM

I agree with putting everything in a pile. He'll eventually get the point. Or it will become very smelly - - -

J

ube quilting 07-21-2013 08:19 AM

I had a problem similar to this when my niece would visit me. She didn't do dishes, garbage, laundry, dust.....

After I stopped picking things up after her and she had no clean cloths or dishes, she got the idea. It was a hard task for a few weeks of a somewhat messy house. these 'lazy people' only do things when other stop doing for them.

I am not their keeper.
peace

nativetexan 07-21-2013 09:15 AM

well men don't have such a good sense of smell, that's why! They would eat, drink or wear anything!!!

Pinkiris 07-21-2013 09:32 AM

I would purchase a large trash can with a lid to put in the corner. Then I would put all his "stuff" in it and close it up so I wouldn't have to smell it!

Tartan 07-21-2013 09:38 AM

Everyone knows in my family that Friday is wash day. Anything that isn't on a hanger goes to the wash.

bearisgray 07-21-2013 12:43 PM

If that's the worst of his vices, he is probably still a keeper.
He could be out gambling, boozing, drugging, or chasing other women.

Not to say that it's not annoying - if he does other useful stuff? - sometimes one has to pick one's battles!

Bueniebabe 07-21-2013 01:04 PM

At our house the clean clothes are the problem. After folding everything and putting it in drawers my husband would unfold ever thing rooting through the drawers. I have 3 wash baskets by the dryer and shower in the basement. One has towels, one has under shirts, underwear. The third one has socks. I also hang his work clothes on the pipes. No more driving me crazy unfolding everything I folded. He also knows if he doesn't get dirty clothes to the basement they don't get washed.

julie 07-21-2013 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by ufoqueen (Post 6188418)
Since my husband seems to think that clothing that has been worn a short period of time qualifies as a home decor item, our bedroom is strewn with such items. This I have learned to live with. However, I don't remember when I took my wedding vows 48 years ago, that "smell all clothing, milk, etc. to verify its wearability, drinkablity or eatability" was in the deal. Who wrote the law that wives will smell this stuff? Any thoughts?

I think those are the secret vows that we don't really know!