Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-aug-sign-up-t56679.html)

seamstome 08-08-2010 07:55 AM

7 1/2 and 4 plus pounds. Great! My goal is to lose 25 pounds by December 15 when I have my hip surgery. That's a little over a pound a week and this week I nailed three so I'm thrilled. The closer I am to my medically ideal weight, the easier the post surgery rehab.

I dont cook so my broccoli casserole is some frozen thing, nothing exciting but it's 330 a serving and I had a serving and a half yesterday (500 calories) and have the same amount leftover.

MissyGirl 08-08-2010 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by seamstome
7 1/2 and 4 plus pounds. Great! My goal is to lose 25 pounds by December 15 when I have my hip surgery. That's a little over a pound a week and this week I nailed three so I'm thrilled. The closer I am to my medically ideal weight, the easier the post surgery rehab.

I dont cook so my broccoli casserole is some frozen thing, nothing exciting but it's 330 a serving and I had a serving and a half yesterday (500 calories) and have the same amount leftover.

Wow! That sounds really good as far as you preparing for the post op rehab. I broke my leg four years ago and had a long long recovery that would have been much easier if I had weighed alot less so I understand!

Way to go on the weight loss!! You are doing wonderful!

Missy

MissyGirl 08-08-2010 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mimito2
Scales say I am down 4.5, problem is I have lost the first 5 pound probably 20 times, this time I am determined that I will make it to the 100 that I need to loose. I have found a TIA CHI for Seniors video that is Wonderful. It is Not strenuous just gentle moves and stretches. I would highly recommend it for us that are "over the hill" and way overweight. My prayer for all today. EAT HEALTHY!!!

I think that Tai Chi is a great thing! I went to a few classes but found that because I am so heavy it was difficult for me to stand that long. But, I am not giving up. I am going to try it in my wheel chair and see how that goes.

You are getting closer to your goal and that is terrific!! Keep up the great work!

Missy

Terryl 08-08-2010 08:45 AM

Missy, there is a program on TV called sit and be fit. It's mostly geared toward seniors, but why couldn't it work for others as well? If you don't have it on your TV at home perhaps you can find it on-line?

MissyGirl 08-08-2010 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Terryl
Missy, there is a program on TV called sit and be fit. It's mostly geared toward seniors, but why couldn't it work for others as well? If you don't have it on your TV at home perhaps you can find it on-line?

Wow. I will look for it now. It sounds like it would be a good fit for me.

Thank you for telling me about the program.

Missy

trupeach1 08-08-2010 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Terryl

OMG A few years ago I did the exercise along with the program. It is still on but I think it is early in the morning. I like to exercise in the early evening.

trupeach1 08-08-2010 10:03 AM

So this week I blew the diet. I gained however I PROMISED myself I would never be over 190 again. I started at 209. Today I hit 190 which I think was a plus that I didn't gain more. I was eating mashed potatoes with tons of butter, hot fudge sundaes and chocolate pie. A week with DS was wonderful and now I am getting back on track. I made a HUGE salad so when I am hungry I can eat that instead of bread and butter. I made all different dressings. raspberry, italian and mustard. I am grilling a chicken and DS got me all fresh veggies. I am making a pot of split pea soup for lunch this week. I love soup for lunch it fills me up. I have yogurt in the yogurt maker, I like yogurt and fruit as desert. There are 3 more weeks to go, I know I won't win the challenge so I will get my FQ ready but I AM BACCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

CAROLJ 08-08-2010 10:25 AM

I blew my calories yesterday over prune juice. I should have checked the calories before I drank it. It has 180 calories a glass, so I had to cut my food intake for the rest of the day.

At least when I am making mistakes on my lifechange, I have learned a lesson from it. Yesterday's was to check the calories first and find a substitute.

Today I planned a breakfast high in calories, but the rest of the day will be salads and salmon for dinner.

I'm not losing weight as fast as most of you. I'm trying but progress is slow. I shouldn't cut my calories anymore, I'm at 1,200. I excercise daily for at least one hour of strenous excercise (for me.) Plus, I haven't had an ice tea in three days (I drink sweet tea.) There is not much more I can do and stay in a safe and healthy state. I wanted to be at 150 by Thanksgiving, but it doesn't look like I'm going to make it. So my new goal is to be 135 by my birthday at the end of Feb.

My husband says if I get the weight down and keep excercising we can hike the Grand Canyon this spring. I have been wanting to do that for several years but was not able to as I was not physically fit.

MissyGirl 08-08-2010 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
So this week I blew the diet. I gained however I PROMISED myself I would never be over 190 again. I started at 209. Today I hit 190 which I think was a plus that I didn't gain more. I was eating mashed potatoes with tons of butter, hot fudge sundaes and chocolate pie. A week with DS was wonderful and now I am getting back on track. I made a HUGE salad so when I am hungry I can eat that instead of bread and butter. I made all different dressings. raspberry, italian and mustard. I am grilling a chicken and DS got me all fresh veggies. I am making a pot of split pea soup for lunch this week. I love soup for lunch it fills me up. I have yogurt in the yogurt maker, I like yogurt and fruit as desert. There are 3 more weeks to go, I know I won't win the challenge so I will get my FQ ready but I AM BACCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Welcome back my friend! Your salad idea is a great one! It sounds like your chicken with veggies is going to be great too.

I too love soup...it is really true that it fills you up. Yumm-O!

Missy

MissyGirl 08-08-2010 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
I blew my calories yesterday over prune juice. I should have checked the calories before I drank it. It has 180 calories a glass, so I had to cut my food intake for the rest of the day.

At least when I am making mistakes on my lifechange, I have learned a lesson from it. Yesterday's was to check the calories first and find a substitute.

Today I planned a breakfast high in calories, but the rest of the day will be salads and salmon for dinner.

I'm not losing weight as fast as most of you. I'm trying but progress is slow. I shouldn't cut my calories anymore, I'm at 1,200. I excercise daily for at least one hour of strenous excercise (for me.) Plus, I haven't had an ice tea in three days (I drink sweet tea.) There is not much more I can do and stay in a safe and healthy state. I wanted to be at 150 by Thanksgiving, but it doesn't look like I'm going to make it. So my new goal is to be 135 by my birthday at the end of Feb.

My husband says if I get the weight down and keep excercising we can hike the Grand Canyon this spring. I have been wanting to do that for several years but was not able to as I was not physically fit.

Today is a new day, so do not worry too much about the calories from yesterday. Your goal of 135 by the end of Feb sounds like a good one. It would be wonderful for you to hike the GC with your hubby. I hope you get there so you two can have a great time next spring.

Juice is a calorie hog isnt it? I have had to avoid it completely because of all the calories. So, I am drinking tons of water instead. I really would love to be drinking a diet soda but I am trying really hard to avoid those right now.

I think I am going to have a big salad for lunch. I love salad.

Missy