Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-feb-sign-up-closes-feb-2-%40-8am-t95243.html)

CAROLJ 01-31-2011 06:35 PM

I've been away for awhile, I need to catch up.

As someone who was obese and still very much overweight, I would like to say a 20 pound loss is fantastic.

But, I would also like to caution those trying to lose weight, 20 pounds in one month is a lot of weight to lose. That amount of weight could be dangerous if you are not being monitered by a doctor. I would not encourage anyone to try to lose that much weight unless they are under doctors supervision.

1 to 2 pounds a week is a healthy weight loss. This represents about a 28,000 calorie reduction, whereas 20 pounds is a 70,000 calorie reduction. A reduction of 2,300+ calories a day.

SWChick 01-31-2011 06:42 PM

I am new to the board but count me in. Tell what I need to do to prepare for the winner, just in case it is not me. LOL

Gizzy-Girl 01-31-2011 06:49 PM

I am in. I can't seem to lose the weight on my own, so maybe having others to chat with will help. This is my first challenge I have joined, I am very excited!! ;-)

trupeach1 01-31-2011 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Originally Posted by Leota
welcome aboard PattiSue...
oh by the way... we are a crazy bunch....
You don't have to be crazy but it helps :D

EXCUSE ME......................speak for yourself, Carrie and Missy. I myself am not crazy!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your friends are your future!

OMG then it doesn't look like I have a very bright future does it????? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Leota 01-31-2011 07:01 PM

To you newbies (and oldies)....
BE PREPARED to see/get/hear/ a LOT of razzing from/among us oldies Remember our razzing is all in fun...
IF you do have a serious problem please PM trupeach.... Please don't blast out at someone publicly ... it's not polite and feelings get hurt...

trupeach1 01-31-2011 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Carol I just love you!!

Carrie loves to suck up now doesn't she?????? LOL

Leota 01-31-2011 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ

Originally Posted by Leota
welcome aboard PattiSue...
oh by the way... we are a crazy bunch....
You don't have to be crazy but it helps :D

EXCUSE ME......................speak for yourself, Carrie and Missy. I myself am not crazy!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your friends are your future!

OMG then it doesn't look like I have a very bright future does it????? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Of course... unless you turn out the lights :D

CAROLJ 01-31-2011 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Carol I just love you!!

Carrie loves to suck up now doesn't she?????? LOL

Me, Carrie and Hoover what do we have in common besides Tru?

Gizzy-Girl 01-31-2011 07:16 PM

Hey, thanks for the warnings LOL Maybe this is what I have been doing wrong all along. If I type, I can't eat, huh?? ;-p

cjomomma 01-31-2011 07:19 PM

I am just making a notation for me to start looking from here for anyone new that is joining us.