Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-feb-sign-up-closes-feb-2-%40-8am-t95243.html)

trupeach1 02-11-2011 02:59 PM

PIIZZZZZAAAAAAAA for dinner. I couldn't decide what I really felt like eating earlier them I remember I had pita bread. I don't have pita bread in the house that often. I always put it on my grocery list but the stores always seem to be out of them. I am going to make a white pizza which is mozzarella,romancheese, sliced tomatoes on top with basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Bake until melted and I like the cheese golden brown. I could make 2 or 1 using more cheese I am going for more cheese.

Leann 02-11-2011 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy

I went for my Ortho follow up visit today. He was concerned I still require the use of my cane, somewhat. Another xray showed the arthritis in my knee is worse than it was just 2 months ago. That knee is almost bone on bone. I got a cortisone injection. Ouch!!!! That knee feels like he injected cement. I've taken pain meds and hopefully they will hit soon. He said when injections no longer help, next step is knee replacement. I don't want that yet, I'm only 53 yrs old. But, illness doesn't know age.

Hubby is heating me up a bowl of chili for dinner, so I will get off here for a while. I hope you all have a good evening. Hugs to everybody!!! Sandy

Sandy, I loved the cortisone injection - first pain relief I'd had in months. Has your Ortho talked to you about Synvisc injections? I've had those in my R knee; looks like the left one is next. Bone on bone hurts like a you know what! I have a brace to wear also. (Not sure if it is possible to wear a brace on both knees at the same time - I am forever grazing things because I did not allow enough room to walk around it)

My good DR told me that I am too young for knee replacement surgery by 10 years. I am 55. Like you, the down time is terribly unappealing.

Hope you are getting some relief.

Leann 02-11-2011 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
PIIZZZZZAAAAAAAA for dinner. I couldn't decide what I really felt like eating earlier them I remember I had pita bread. I don't have pita bread in the house that often. I always put it on my grocery list but the stores always seem to be out of them. I am going to make a white pizza which is mozzarella,romancheese, sliced tomatoes on top with basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Bake until melted and I like the cheese golden brown. I could make 2 or 1 using more cheese I am going for more cheese.

Sounds yummy. I did low carb today. Tomorrow will be high carb. I seem to have enough energy to do cardio with low carb. The 'experts' say to make your 2 most demanding days your high carb days.

Knowing I am only doing it for a day at a time makes compliance easier. I've done all my planned workouts this week which allowed me to quilt to my hearts content. Only problem, there wasn't enough hours in the day!

Hope every one has a wonderful weekend.

cjomomma 02-11-2011 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Good morning my friends. It's a new day and hopefully it be a great day. I'm going to Paducah tomorrow to meet another QB member. YAY! I'm meeting izaquilter at Hancocks and then we will visit some of the other quilt shops in paducah too. I'm looking forward to it. I need a break.

Have a great time tomorrow!

I'm so happy to say my knee has felt better today. No heavy cement feeling. So, I guess the cortisone injection is helping. I just hope it last longer than 2 days, as before. I will think POSITIVE. I've walked standing straighter today; not limping so bad I look hump backed. Even been able to walk all day without my cane. Yeah!!!!! Hope everyone has a good weekend. Sandy

Don't get too energetic just because you can't feel the pain. That knee still needs to rest.

NannySandy 02-11-2011 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
I wanted to thank everyone who has sent me a F4 for January's weight lose. I wasn't thinking and thru out the envelopes(not writing down names). Most didn't put their user name on the envelope so I don't know who to thanks. So thank you if you sent me one.

I wrote you a note and stuck it inside with my name and username. You should get it tomorrow or Monday. Sandy

Lynne, the Dr hasn't mentioned the synvic injections. My knee felt so much better today. However, last cortisone injection only gave me 2 days relief. I am sure hoping for longer relief this time. (My middle name is Lynne and Mama put the "e" at the end of my name also. All my life, people misspelled it as they would leave the "e" off the end.)

Carrie, I'm not going to overdo it. I know this knee still needs rest. But it sure felt good to walk straighter and without the cane today. The rooms in my home are not large, and it was only walking from the dining room, where I'm currently set up to do my "work work" as my kids used to call it, to the bathroom or kitchen. So not too much walking. Heated up chili for dinner. Okay, that's 3 nights of chili, enough!!!! I put the rest in the freezer for later.

I'm heading to bed. I hope you all get a good night's sleep. Sandy

trupeach1 02-12-2011 05:03 AM

Good morning everyone.......I ahve been so good all week and usually Sunday is my cheat day and I have pancakes for breakfast however today I was dying for pancakes so I had those. Tomorrrow is weigh in I THINK I lost more. We will see.

cjomomma 02-12-2011 05:51 AM

Pancakes sound good. I'm still not losing. I keep going from 231 to 233 and back again. Maybe when the weather warms up I will start losing again.

NannySandy 02-12-2011 07:18 AM

Hubby ordered me a stationary bike that came in Wed. He is putting it together today. Ortho Dr gave me permission to use it,but to "start out slow and not overwork the right knee". I am so excited. I love to ride bike but haven't ridden my outside bike since moving to AL last year, due to all the hills. It is a big hill just going down my driveway. Took all my strength to get down it, to go to mailbox, before knee was hurt. So, today I will be starting on my new bike. woohooo

Tru, I LOVE pancakes. I usually make them Sat mornings for Hubby. However, Thursday morning, I wanted some so bad, I made myself 2 for breakfast. They were delicious. So,he isn't getting any this morning. lol

I hope you all have a good day and eat healthy. Hugs, Sandy

Leota 02-12-2011 07:19 AM

Today is my weigh in and I lost another 1/2 lbs :D ... down 4 lbs this month :D whoo hoo!!! go me :D

lauriejo 02-12-2011 07:26 AM

Pancakes sound soooooo good, but I already had a blueberry muffin so no pancakes for me. :-(