Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Weight loss challenge with a prize.............Oct sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/weight-loss-challenge-prize-oct-sign-up-t67384.html)

erstan947 10-01-2010 04:59 AM

Ok, I'm weighed in and ready to go. Today is my normal very active day so tomorrow I'm going to start walking every morning. Good Luck quilters LET'S GO!

MoJo 10-01-2010 06:07 AM

WOW!!! Good for you! There are not many pictures of me with my grandkids--I envision I look different then those pictures and I avoid full length mirrors.

MissyGirl 10-01-2010 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by DA Mayer
I haven't been on here for a while, I hope I can sign up again. I have lost 30 + since Jan and finally can see some proof. Have lots to go yet. As you can see the boys grew and thank heavens I shrunk.

Awww Denise those are some cutie patootie boys!! So adorable!

Missy

BABAREEBA 10-01-2010 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by dmackey
Thanks for this thread and the challenge! October 1st just happens to be the first day of my new diet so I will happily join in!

What is everyone using as a diet? I am starting the hcg diet using the homeopathic drops.

Diane

I have a long way to go, but I am only going to focus on this month right now. I weigh well over 300 #s.

BABY STEPS!!.........I can't go overboard or I just crash and burn.

I am going to stay in a calorie range of 1500 - 1800 calories and making most of my food choices healthy ones & lower in refined/simple carbs. walk 10 min/ 3 times a day.

trupeach1 10-01-2010 07:05 AM

The winner for the Sept challenge was...........SandraD losing 16 lb.

runner up was quilt4u.

Everyone who played is a winner.........kept up the good work of TRYING to have a healthy life.

All who played in Sept please conatct her for the addy. The theme was calico as always if you don't have it send what you can. PLEASE send her the well deserved FQ. It seems every month only 1/2 the people who sign up send the FQ this is not fair to the winner.

MissyGirl 10-01-2010 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
The winner for the Sept challenge was...........SandraD losing 16 lb.

runner up was quilt4u.

Everyone who played is a winner.........kept up the good work of TRYING to have a healthy life.

All who played in Sept please conatct her for the addy. The theme was calico as always if you don't have it send what you can. PLEASE send her the well deserved FQ. It seems every month only 1/2 the people who sign up send the FQ this is not fair to the winner.

SandraD---

YOU'VE GOT MAIL!!! :D:D:D:D

Missy

SandraD 10-01-2010 07:27 AM

Thanks so much to all of you for your support. I cannot believe how helpful reading this thread is. It's like attending a WW meeting anytime day/night. I've still got almost 40 to go and I know the weight loss will slow down (I always lose a bunch in the beginning of a diet) but this thread will help to keep me motivated. I hope I can do the same for all of you! I've got great support at work to. I attend an 'at work' WW meeting with three other co-workers from my department. This will help with the amount of treats that are brought into the office. We also have an at-work curcuit training class that we all attend. Then my hubby walks with me everyday - he is the best!

Ilovemydogs 10-01-2010 07:33 AM

We have 65 already signed up for October! Woo Hoo!

Ilovemydogs 10-01-2010 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by buslady
I am looking forward to the challenge and hope it helps me out, I need lots of help, am not at all worried about the prize or anything, but if you would like to do the percentage thing, I made a spreadsheet I could send you, just PM me your email, all you would do is fill in the name, start weight and finish weight, and it would calculate the percentage, then just sort by column and it will tell you lowest to highest. Let me know.

i sent you a pm regarding the list of names!

thelondonzoo 10-01-2010 07:39 AM

Denise, you look fantastic!!!! I hope one day I can post before and after pics. lol